CHAPTER 1

You open this book.
A BIG THANK YOU!!!
This is my first book ✌️
I hope you guys enjoy it 💓

...

Steve's POV

"Steve!!..."

My mom calls for the fourth time. She never jokes about school and never allows us to miss a day, even when we are sick.

I remember when one of my little sisters broke her leg while playing in the backyard; I had to carry her on my back to school. Even when people insulted her for this, she didn't care. All she wants is for her children to be educated.

"Steve, you need to be fast, boy! You don't wanna see up there," I could hear her scream downstairs. I quickly grab my bag, put on my glasses, and head downstairs.

"How come you woke up late?" My mother asked me immediately when she saw me coming down the stairs.

"Sorry, mom, I forgot to set my alarm," I tell her, and she rolls her eyes.

"Just go, your brother is waiting for you in the car!"

"Okay," I turn to leave.

"Wait, you forgot your breakfast."

I quickly grab the breakfast from her. I see my dad in the living room reading the newspaper, as he always does every morning. I greet him by saying good morning, and he replies by raising his hand without taking his eyes off the newspaper. I storm out of the house and am welcomed by the hot sun. It's scorching; I have to raise my hand to block it. I could hear my elder brother playing loud music in the car, and my younger twin sisters are complaining.

"Turn it off!" The stubborn one, Abigail, who broke her leg the other day, shouts after I enter the car. The other one, Emma, is just quiet as she keeps staring out the window. Her quietness disturbs me sometimes.

They are still in junior school and are well-known there. Abigail, the troublesome one and also the youngest one among the twins, defends Emma whenever there is a problem. No one dares to lay a hand on her or her sister.

Emma, on the other side, is extremely brilliant and has a sharp tone whenever she speaks. Her words sometimes make her teacher study more. Emma spends most of her time reading, just like my father.

"Please turn it off...I can't have headache before my classes," I say to my brother Tony. My ear is very sensitive; that's why I always avoid noise.

He starts the car without turning down the music. Seeing that he is not listening, I use my hand to cover my ears. Abi kept screaming in the back, telling my brother to turn off the music. I look at Tony, who was dancing slightly to the music, before I swiftly turn it off myself.

"What the heck?!" Tony looks at me angrily.

"Can't you hear us complaining?" I ask with a frown. I expected him to shout and insult me or turn the music back on, but surprisingly, he doesn't reply.

Tony and I go to the same college. He is two years older than me. I just got admitted last year, and trust me, the school never did me any good.

Tony is one of the popular and handsome guys in school. The mole on his ear and his pink lips drive girls crazy. I can still remember when he pierced his ear; my mom literally went crazy over it. She decided not to give him food for over a week, which didn't affect him a bit. Only God knows where he gets money.

I, on the other hand, do get attention from girls, but I usually shy away whenever they try to flirt with me, or sometimes I just ignore them. Of course, girls in our college love playboys. Some guys my age insult me, saying I have a nice body and a pretty face for nothing.