CHAPTER 28

[Steve's P.O.V]
____

"Steve? You should have wait there...why did you get yourself wet? You might end up catching cold" My mom says when she spot me at the door step. Her expression change when she sees my face. "Are you alright dear... Did something happened?"

I could not even hear her voice. The picture of Ariel and Caleb holding hands is still in my head. Chris was right. Ariel probably have so many guys she's dating and I'm just an insignificant idiot.

"Steve?" My mom call again.

"I'm fine mom" my voice is hoarse and so low filled with pain. I walk pass her then drop the bag on the table while she watch me without saying a word. "I'll be upstairs" I tell her and head to my room and lock myself in.

"Fuck" I whisper to myself and my hand goes up to pull my hair hard. I'm now regretting I had confessed my love to her. She can't even say a damn thing. Why? Why can't I stop feeling this way?

I stand to go to the bathroom and turn the hot shower which seems to relax my muscle a bit. I place my hand on the wall and rest my head on it. I stay in the same position for what feels like a long time and turn off the shower. I sit on my bed and my gaze land on the table at the corner of my room. The memory of the night when Ariel came through window pop in my head. The her soft lips taste, the way her gently hand feels on my hair, the way her soft neck feels against my lips not to mention of how crazy I went when I hear her moan out my name. This is getting worse I need to get out of this room.

Not knowing what to do I pull out my phone to call Chris.

"Hey Chris, Are you busy?" My voice is still hoarse as if I'm sick.

"Hey Steve, are you okay? You don't sound good did something happen?" He ask with concern.

"Yeah...and I need to go out to clear my mind. Staying in my room is just making me feel worse" I tell him.

"I'm free... Where do you want us to meet" Chris asks and I'm glad he isn't busy.

"Anywhere please" I pinch the bridge of my nose with frustration.

"Or maybe you should come and join me then... I'm playing videogames" Chris suggest.

"Yes that would would be great... I'll meet you soon" I hang up the phone call and grab a thick sweater from my drawer. Playing video game is a very good option to keep me busy at least I won't think about her for a while. Getting prepared I head downstairs I spot my mom in the kitchen doing the dishes. She quickly wash her hand when she sight me.

"Steve" she call.

"Yes mom" I turn to look at her this time. Her eyes is still filled with worries.

"If there's is something bothering you, you should let me know okay?" She says with concern.

"There's nothing mom. I was just a bit tired and I feel relax after taking a hot bath" I tell her and walk towards her giving peck her forehead. She smile at what I just did and raise her brow. "I'm heading to Chris home...I won't take long".

"Okay... Greet Chris's mom for me" she says and I leave the house.

...

"Haha I beat you again!!" Chris scream happily. This is the fifth time he had win the game which had never happened before. I sigh at my lost and curse under my breath.

"I guess it has been long I played videogames" I stare at my pad and bite my lower lip.

"No that's not the reason...your minds seems to be somewhere else, do you want to talk about it?" Chris ask while resetting another match for us to play. He grab the fruit on the small table and begin to chew.