CHAPTER 13

[Steve POV]
____

I take a deep breath before crossing the gate, the house light is still on except for one room which is definitely hers.

I knock and the door opens immediately, the woman who called earlier comes in view. I notice a scratch on her arm with a little blood on it. 'did Ariel do this?' I ask myself.

"Oh! Thank you so much for coming" she says and drag me slightly into the house. "She has stop screaming and I can't go in" she brings out a key and hand over to me

"Here open the door if she doesn't"

"Where is she?" I have so many questions I want to ask her but I just really need to see her right now.

This better not be Johnny's doing!

"She's upstairs...the room aft..." I didn't allow her to finish her word as I made my way upstairs. Since I've been here before, I get her room quickly. I place my hear softly on her door, and I'm relive I could her sobbing slightly. I knock on the door hopefully for her to hear it.

"Ariel..." I says, much lower than I expected and hope she could hear. My heart is still in sync, I really need to see her right now or might go crazy.

"Ariel... it's Steve, can I come in?" I could not hear her sob anymore. Getting no reply from her I open the door slowly, the smell of alcohol burn my nostrils but my eyes search for only one person.

The room is dark, so dark I could only see her shadow. She is sitting on the floor while her back rest on the couch behind her. One of her hand hold a bottle of alcohol and the other on is on the floor. The room is really in a mess, I close the door lightly and there's is still no movement from her. Her gaze remain on the floor while her hair covers her face.

"What are you doing here?" she finally ask. Her voice is damn weak filled with pain. I couldn't find a word to say to her, I don't even know if I should ask if she is okay cus she is obviously not! I notice her raise her head slowly but I couldn't see her face because the room is so dark.

"I came here to see you" That's the only words that could come out.

"Did that old bitch called you?" Wow! She rude and drunk.

"She's not a bitch and yeah she called me because she was worried about you" I start walking close to her making sure I avoid the broken glass on the floor. "Your room is in a big mess are you always like this?" I complain.

I decide to find the light switch of the room using the flashlight on my phone and I found it beside the door. I turn on the dim light and could not believe the mess is more than what I could imagine. I decide to text Lydia, I might take a little longer before I'll be back but my phone turns dead.

"Fuck" I muttered to myself before grabbing a broom to clean the room. While cleaning the room, Ariel didn't even bother to move a muscle, I guess she is asleep. I don't even know why I'm doing this. Am I possessed? Never in a million years will I think I would ever clean Ariel's home and I'm surprise I could not even stop myself.

It took me a while before I could finally clean it up to my satisfaction. I keep the broom neatly and walk to sit beside her on the floor staying quiet.

"Thanks" she wispher. I thought she was asleep, I check the time on my wrist and see that it is over thirty minutes. Lydia would probably be fuming in anger right now. She can't even call me as my phone is already dead. I look at her and I'm dying to know what made her like this but I couldn't ask; I want her to tell me about it.

"Do you want to talk about it?" That is probably the best way I could ask. She raise her head backward until her head touches the couch behind her.

"No..." She says, I could finally see her face. There are dry tears on her face while she closes her eyes.