CHAPTER 44

Ariel's P.O.V

My eyes opens with shock hearing his question. That was the last thing I expect him to ask. I wonder what Tony said to him.

"Why are you asking me this?" I ask in a low voice.

"I just need to confirm" he reply.

If I decide to say yes or no to his answer, I won't be lying. I and Johnny broke temporarily. I should tell him everything. He deserves to know.

"Yes we did..." I lower my head and battle with myself for a while. 'it's better he hears it for me than from someone else.
"But..."

The door open and Michael storm in before I could finish my words.

"Ariel.. I need to see you!" He says under his heavy breath and I frown.

I turn back to Steve.

"I'll be right back.. I'll tell you everything once I'm back" I tell him and run to Micheal and we both leave the ward.

"What's wrong?" I ask worriedly seeing his disturbed face as he type his phone.

"Everything.. they've got my girl..." He turn his phone screen to me. "They've got Nora".

I collect the phone from him with my eyes wide open. The pictures shows that Nora is been trailed. They are pictures of her eating, going to school, playing with other kids and so on.

"By who?" I ask as my mind turns blank. I swear if they lay a finger on her I'll kill them!.

"I don't know, it was sent by an unknown person just now.. look" he point at the message written below it.

*We have our eyes on your daughter you cherish so much.. I'll text you a address for us to talk*

"What?.. this doesn't make sense. I thought no one knows about Nora except for us.. what's going on? How did they know her or her location?" Hope it's not what I'm thinking? My voice turns shaky and I begin to sweat.

"I don't know Ariel.. but I'm freaking out already" Micheal pull his hair harshly as his body tense.

"We'll have to wait until they send the address" I say to him.

"No no.. Ariel you can't come with me"

"Why not?" I frown.

"Cus.. I don't know who this is and I'm sure the person is dangerous.. I'll alert my men about the situation. I can handle it, you don't need to worry" he says and anger build inside me.

"What shit are you saying! Do you expect me to sit and wait while Nora is in danger! Nora is my baby too you're not the only one who cherish her! I'm coming with you Micheal!" just after I say this Micheal phone buzz and he check it immediately.

That is definitely the address sent to him.

"Look Ariel I can't put you in danger.. I shouldn't have told you in the first place..."

"Shut up! Micheal and let's go!!" With swift move I jerk the car key away from him and head towards his car.

I drive with full speed with so many thoughts in my mind.

...

(Some years back)

A three story building caught fire. No one knows why but it was mysterious. At that moment I was on my way to the gym.

"Gosh! I think there is someone inside" A woman cried while her husband pet her. The crowd could only watch the fire grow worse as no one knows what to do. I turned to leave since this is not my problem.