CHAPTER 27

[Steve's P.O.V]
____

"I love you Ariel...I love you so much" God! It's took me long enough to realize that. I had tried to deny the fact that I love her several times but the feeling is too strong for me to hold. I've never felt this way before and it hurt! It hurt Ariel's might not feel the same way as.

"But why do I feel like you're just obsess with me... Why do I feel like you're just using me to get over Johnny...huh?" I ask but she is not giving me any reply.

I take her hand and place her palm on my beating chest for her to feel it. "See...this is what happens whenever I see you Ariel... My heart just can't stop beating like crazy at the sight of you...so tell me do you feel this same way?" I didn't know I could talk like this until now. She is the only one that brings different new side of me.

I wait for her to say something but she just stare at me with shock. It's obvious she doesn't feel this same but why does she keeps torturing me this way. She doesn't want me but she can't stand me with another girl.

"You don't feel the same... Do you?" I clinch my jaw as tears threaten to fall. Like I said I've never felt this way before and I wish I don't. "Answer me Ariel" I say in hoarse voice.

"I..." She crack her voice. She doesn't know what to say.

"Wait!...There's no need to reply now...you can tell me when you're ready" somehow I think her answer might hurt me. I move away from her while my eyes do not leave her even for a second, her gaze is on the floor while some of her hairs covers her face. It took me a lot of strength not to kiss her but I want her to accept me first.

I take another deep breath and start to walk away from her. I feel like an heavy load is been lift away from my chest and I'm glad I finally told her how I truly felt. I'm just gonna wait for her feedback.

The sky thunder and rain begins to pour out suddenly without giving any sign. I stop my track and look back. Ariel is going to get wet. I just stand there not knowing if I should go back to her or not but after a while I decide not to. I turn to see a guy holding an umbrella standing in front of me. I recognize him as the one Ariel walked hand in hand with some minute.

'I think he's here to get Ariel' my thought tells me. "She's two blocks away" I tell him and ignore the way he look at me. I don't like him since I saw Ariel hand around him.

"Thanks alot...uhmm" I try to remember her name.

"Irene" she finishes it for me. "And you're welcome anytime" her smile got weird.

"Yup" I grab the big bag containing my stuff in it.

"Are you and Ariel together?" I hear her ask. She jam her finger together while she pulls a long face.

"Uhmm..." I don't know want to even say to her. "It's complicated".

"Oh!" She look up to me and her smile return. "I'll see you around then" she says and I turn to leave the store.

"Wait! You can wait for a while here since it's raining outside" she suggests.

"No! I have a lot of work to do at home, thanks though" I give her a smile and walk out of the store not caring about the rain that pours heavily on me. The last thing I want right now is for Ariel to meet me here. When I reach outside I open the bag to see if my stuff is complete but intead my eyes land on Ariel and the weird guy coming towards the store.

Ariel stop when her eyes spot me and our eyes lock. The rain pour down heavily on me and I didn't care, I'm sure I'll catch a cold cold later
The weird guy beside her was using his umbrella to cover her from the rain. His hand moves to hold hers when he spot me.