CHAPTER 4

[Steve's P.O.V]
______

I really don't know why I am sweating because I haven't turn to see who it was yet. Who can it be at 11:30, I had make sure everyone is asleep before I made my move. I just pray it shouldn't be my mom; I really don't know what I would tell her. I can still try to explain to my dad but my mom; No. The person who turn on the light didn't say anything, I turn around slowly hoping it my dad or Tony only to find Emma with a glass of water.

"Emma?" I call softly, relieve it's not my mom. She closes the fridge and walk towards me.

"Where are you going?" She asks as she sip her glass of water.

"I...am going for a night class in which I'll be back soon but please do not tell anyone about it" I tell her.

"You're lying" she says as she take another sip.

I feel like I'm been interrogated.

"It doesn't matter, just don't tell on me okay" I plead with her.

She stretches her tiny arm. Knowing what she want I reach my pocket for some change and hand it over to her. I turn to leave immediately. Just as I reach outside, I board the taxi I chartered for the night. It wasn't easy to find one though. Thanks to Lydia.

...

Reaching my destination, I pay the taxi, slam the door behind me and start to walk towards a two storey building. I could hear the sound of music from the inside. I guess it is not as loud as I thought it would be. I take a deep breath as I walk through the gate and regret it immediately.

The lawn is full with people way out my league. I can see some guys covered in tattoos taking hard drugs. some have a girl straddling them, their private parts are hardly covered.

I gulp hard as I push myself to keep walking.

'there's no turning back' my thought tells me.

I notice a guy caressing a lady butt roughly as they kiss passionately just around the coner. The girl roughly grab his hair as she deepens the kiss while the guy trace her tight using his finger.

They suddenly stop kissing as the guy eyes move towards me. I quickly move my sight away from them. I blink my eyes several times and wish I hadn't come here in the first place. Telling my mom is better. She could have just hit me several times and that's all.

"Hey" A deep voice interrupts my thought.

I gulp hard for the third time since I got here. This person in front of me is damn huge! He is probably three times my size. One punch from him and I will be a goner. Standing at the door, I automatically think of him as the guard.

"Hmm" I reply trying my best not to show I'm scared or anything.

"What are you here for?" He ask with his thick voice making me to cringe a little. I notice his eyes take in my outfit but he didn't say anything.

"I'm here to see Ariel" I reply.

That weird girl. if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be here; I should probably be sleeping on my soft bed right now.

"Card?" He asks giving me a snobby look. He seems not to expect me dressed in a blue big sweater to the party. I reach my pocket, pull out the card and hand it over to him.

"Careful" he smirk and open the door to let me in.

I thought the music isn't that loud but damn! my head is banging right now. I push myself through the bunch of people dancing weirdly even when I don't know where the fuck I'm going.

I probably won't see Ariel, looking at the amount of people in the house. I finally find a safe spot, well not really that safe but at least there is only small amount of people there drinking of course. The smell of alcohol fill my nostril causing me to feel irritated. I think i should probably leave.