CHAPTER 26

Ariel P.O.V

Weekend is stressful as fuck! Caleb says I'll get use to my work but I can't seem to catch up. This job isn't easy at all and I'm thinking of quiting. Becky on the other hand glares at me or talk harshly whenever she sees me. She is such a bitch. I thought she would crossed the line by now but I'm glad she hasn't.

Irene never makes me feel bored with how she loves talking about her funny experience. This is the first time I'm having a friend that is not tattooed and fucked up. She is smart, nice and funny with the way she chicken out whenever we have a handsome customer.

Caleb and I got closer as a friend, we go to eat lunch at an eatery not far from the store every single day which became an habit. He likes to talk about sport alot, he is even thinking of becoming a footballer. His idea doesn't seems bad though, it suits him well. Other girls in the store gets jealous whenever they see us together but I don't give a fuck.

It is not like we are dating...

"Urggh! I think my neck is going to fall off" I whine caressing my neck which is killing me.

"Me too" she also complain holding her neck too.

"I thought you were going to coax me or something but you are also complaining" I say and her head turn to me.

"Weekends is the worse... I'm glad tomorrow is Sunday, I'll sleep like an idiot. I had to tell one of my sibling to put ice block on my neck last night" she whine again.

"Ice block?... Do you think that would actually work?" Maybe I should try it.

"Yeah I think" she says. "Maybe you should fix the table now that we are free before another customer walks to us" she says.

"Yeah" Grabbing the screw driver I bend over to fix the loose part before it comes off totally. After a while, I hear a male voice which seems familiar but my eyes is focus on what I'm doing.

"What are you still doing?" Irene ask notifying me a customer is here.

"Done" I reply and stand to attend to the customer. I use my hand to sweep my hair backwards. "How may I..." I stop just at the sight of him. Why am I like this whenever I see him? This is not me. I didn't feel or act this when Johnny and I are still together.

"I want to buy some groceries of course" he says "so I need your help". His smile alone brings butterflies to my stomach. How could he have so much effect on me? His white T-shirt and his pencil jean trouser makes him look adorable.

"I can help you with it" Irene quickly offer and I feel anger growing slightly inside me again but I ignore it.

"Uhmm she..."

"I helped you the last time remember?" Irene cuts him off. Wait! Steven is her second crush she was talking about? The guy who she helped last week. I take a deep breath trying to suppress the anger that keeps growing inside me.

"Okay then... Sure" I look at Steve, he is now giving Irene a smile and for the first time I feel annoyed by her. What can't Steve just reject her offer?

She walks out of the counter then hold Steve hand and Steve didn't bother to jerk his arm away from her as they both walk away. Why do I feel like they have stolen my boyfriend away from me. It's not like we are couples.

My cold eyes never leaves them as they keep on talking. Irene keeps smiling like a moron. Why can't she mind her business. 'she is doing her job Ariel' my subconscious tell me and I scoff.

"Hey!" Caleb walks towards me and I raise my finger for him not to say a word since I'm busy looking at Steve and his perfect little new girlfriend.

Caleb trace my gaze and look back at me. "Is everything alright with you two?" He ask and I turn to him to look at him.