CHAPTER 43

A tear escape my eyes and I quickly look away before Ariel could see it. I understand why Tony act that way, I'm the one at fault and I can't deny it. But what can I do? I'm deeply into her already and I'm going to keep my promise to stay by her side no matter what happen.

I walk towards the window and see Tony entering his personal car he bought last week. I secretly wipe the tears that roll down my cheek and stare into space.

My brother cut ties with me; that is something I never thought would happen.

"Steve" I hear Ariel call softly as her footsteps comes closer. I shut my eyes tightly trying hard to push the tears in.

"Steve are you okay?" I feel her pull the back of my shirt lightly but I still stand in the same position. I bite my lips hard and the lump in my throat grows worse.

"I'll come back.. when you're calm okay" she says softly.

I turn immediately and grab her arm before she could even take a single step. I pull her close and hug her tightly then let my tears out.

"It hurt Ariel" I mutter against her neck as more tears comes out. I've been holding myself ever since Tony said those word.

I feel her tap my shoulder lightly. It's a little comforting but still not enough.

"It okay Steve.. he doesn't mean those words ...it okay" She says in a shaky voice.

"I'm such a jerk" I mutter again but she turn quiet. It been long I had tears in my eyes. Tony have been my only blood brother from the same mother. Even when he behaves like an asshole sometimes, I still Cherish him a lot.

I keep on blaming myself while crying on Ariel shoulder as she continues to pat my back gently saying it's okay.

Soon, I loosen the arm around her and sit on my bed facing my head down. My hand goes to my hair tugging it gently.

"Here have some water" I look up to Ariel and could notice the tears on her eyes and cheek. She stretch a bottle of water to me and I collect it from her obediently then drink almost half of it.

She sits beside me and the room turns quiet. I wish she hadn't hear the conversation between I and Tony.

"Steven..." She says breaking the silence.

"Don't..." I know what she is about to say.

"But..."

"I want to be alone" I say almost coldly to her.

"Steven listen..."

"Ariel!!" I call her almost raising my voice. "Please not now.. please". I beg and I'm glad she nod.

"I'll come back.. make sure you eat your food okay?" She force a smile and stand on her feet wiping the tears on her cheek. She walk slowly to the door and leave the room.

A large sigh escape my lips once she Left.

My phone starts ringing. Seeing the caller ID is Chris I pick it up immediately.

"Yo bro! Why are you not in school?.. is everything alright?" Chris ask immediately.

"Yeah everything is fine.. I just stayed home to rest today" I reply and he chuckle.

"I know you Steven.. you never missed class for once and even if you want to, your mom won't allow it" he says and I could hear a female voice in the background.

"Well she allowed it this time"

"Are you home? I and Debby want to come visit and take you out" Chris says.