CHAPTER 29

Steve's P.O.V

'if she feels the same way she would come looking for you' Chris voice keeps lingering in my head. I don't how true is but somehow I just wish Ariel would come. A knock interrupt my thought.

"Steve dear you have a visitor" my mom annouce behind the door.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"It's a surprise guest" she says.

"Okay... I'll be down in a minute!" I tell her wondering who it could be. Why would someone visit me this late. It can't be Ariel for sure, I'm sure if she wants to visit she'll come through the window. I laugh at the thought of it. I stand slowly, adjust my shirt and walk towards the window with my hand tucked in my pocket.

Tony on the other hand decided to get his personal hostel not far from school. My mom surprisingly agreed to it. I guess I'll do the same too, I'll just have to persuade her.

I frown when I notice a familiar figure on a black bike. "Ariel?" I whisper to myself. My frown goes deeper when I notice anger in her face. Did something happen? Feeling worried, I rush downstairs to see her.

"Surprise" my mom says to me when I reach the bottom of the stairs. My eyes opens wide with shock when I see Lydia behind her. She is the last person I expect to be here. Did Ariel see her come in here?

"Fuck" I curse under my breath and storm out of the house ignoring the shock on my mom's face.

"Ariel!!" I yell but she ignores me and start her engine and start to zoom off "Ariel!! Wait!" I call again hoping she would listen. My breath is heavy as a result of me rushing down to see her. I turn around and see Lydia standing behind me. she had follow me when I storm out.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her my voice comes out harsh than expected.

"I came to you Steve, we need to talk" she reply.

"Talk? Now you want to talk to me after ignoring me for weeks...I tried to talk to you but you did not give me a chance....we can talk in school you didn't have to come to my place" I say to her. I scratch my hair gently not knowing what do.

"I'm sorry" she says and I'm glad any of my parent is not at the doorstep.

"Sorry? Look Lydia, this is not a good time to talk okay? A lot happened to me today so I think is best for you to leave...for now". my voice comes out softer this time. Ignoring her teared up eyes I walk pass her.

"I still love you Steven" I stop and turn to her.

"We are not having this conversation right now Lydia. I promise to see you at school" I say to her and turn again to leave. My head is so full I don't even know what to think.

"Is it because of what happened in the store?" Lydia suddenly ask, I stop and turn to look at her.

"What?" I frown.

"Is it because she kissed you? She trying to mess with your feelings Steven" she reply and my frown goes deeper.

"How do you know that?" I take a step towards her.

"My friend Becky told me" She reply. Somehow I do not feel bad that she knows about it.

"Who's Becky?" I ask.

"A friend of mine, who also work in the same place with Ariel. Guess what what she also told me" a tear run down her cheek as she stare at me with anger written all over her face.

"What?" It better not be a bad things.

"It's turns out she is dating the manager Caleb" she says and my world goes blank. The guy who hold her hand at the store have a relationship with Ariel?