CHAPTER 11

[Ariel POV]
____

I stare at the door for a while before storming out of the house. I'm glad I didn't see him after I reach out. I climb my bike, start the engine and zoom off to get a beer.

"Ariel that's enough!" Nancy says grabbing the bottle from my hand.

"What Happened? you haven't talk to me since I got here...you have no idea how fast I drove here when I heard your voice on the phone". She sigh.

I grab another bottle of beer, open with swift move and pour it in my mouth.

"Ariel!" She yell and grab the bottle from me again.

"Can't you just leave me alone?!!" I yell in my drunken state.

"You called me here, now you're telling me to leave you alone...what the hell is wrong with you Ariel?". Getting no reply from me. she moves towards me to give me a hug. "Even if you can't tell me what's wrong can you at least cry?" She says softly.

"I can't" I tell her in a hoarse voice. "I just can't cry anymore...I feel like my tears had dried up" instead of feeling comfort in Nancy arm, I felt nothing. I'm happy she actually came when I called her.

She kiss my hair not knowing what to say while my head rest on her shoulder. The room turn silence and Nancy keeps patting my head. I feel sleepy but I couldn't sleep. It feels like I need someone else but not Nancy. I guess it's the influence of the beer.

"Was it Johnny?" Nancy ask breaking the silence.

"Yeah" my voice hoarse, my body weak and my eyes blurry.

"Why can't you just leave him?" She ask. Well this is not her first time asking. I either ignore her or change the topic since I don't want her to know about my dad. Though, I feel like a jerk for not telling her but somewhere in my heart did not trust her.

"I love him" I lie. That is the only explanation I could give her for now. I notice her takes a deep breath before she grab a bottle of beer and a cup. I look at her in surprise.

"Let's get wasted!" we both laugh as She raise the bottle before pouring it into the cup and gulping it on one goal. She close her eyes tightly and smile. She open her eyes and ask

"How many beer did you buy? I don't think these would be enough". She look at the three bottles of beer on the table and back at me.

"I never thought you would want to get drunk" I says to her grabbing my drink.

"I did it for you..." She smile "I can't allow only you to enjoy these wonderful babies...so let's go and get more!" She scream happily before dragging out of my room and out of the house.

"Stop! I'm not in the mood!" I tell her but she didn't listen. She gets to her car and open the door for me.

"Stop whining and get in" she push me into the car, close the door, sit on the driver seat and start the car.

"This isn't the right way...where are we going?" I turn to her when I notice she is going to the wrong direction.

"Somewhere fun! Do you think we are just gonna get beers and go back to your house?... definitely no...we are going to party!!! Woah!"

"Oh my God you're so loud" I say holding my ear. "Who the hell throws party's on Sundays... that's weird".

"My uncle Steven is celebrating his birthday and he is definitely not a boring person so he is the one who throw the party..." she says. she brings out her red lipstick and start to put it on her lips while looking at the rear view mirror.

Hearing the name Steven bring a butterfly in my stomach, I guess I'm going crazy, I'm not gonna drink again. Why am I thinking of him?

"Have this" she stretch her make up stuff to me"