CHAPTER 21

BANG!!!

"Fuck!!" Johnny closes his eyes and open it slowly only to find out I shot the bullet in the air. He takes in a very deep breath in relief while his lips parts with surprise.

"The next bullet would be in my head if you ever try to bother me" I warn. I can't believe I'm actually threaten him with my life right now but that's the only way I think and it seems to work. I know if I had threatened to kill him he would just laugh at me knowing that I would never do it.

"Fine" he wispher while his gaze is still on me. "If that's what you want then fine...God I thought I'd lost you" if he is worried about me this much then why is he acting like a jerk all the time?

I walk pass him using my shoulder to hit his. That's was really scary, I wanted to shoot myself for real but I don't know why I couldn't. If feels like someone out there needs me. I stop my track remembering something without looking back at him.

"You shouldn't let my dad know about this either" I tell him and begin to walk away from him. I hear him start his car engine and drives away.

"Ariel!!!..." Someone calls and I turn to see Helen running towards me. "Are you okay? What was that noise?"

"What noise?" I hide the gun from her.

"The gunshot did you shoot someone...why is the gun still with you?" She grab arm. "Where is it I thought you threw it away"

"Yeah! I did"

"Then what was that?"

"Probably some fireworks...maybe" I lie and she take a deep breath while observing me.

She drop my arm and worries fills her eyes. "Are you okay?...why was Johnny like that? I thought you guys loved each other...how come he did that without hesitation?" She floods me with questions.

"I'm fine" I reply ignoring the questions about Johnny.

"Then who was that guy earlier...the one who act like a knight and got beaten by the end of the day?" Hearing this I chuckle.

"Steven"

"Steven...he looks familiar though as if I've seen him somewhere before"

"I need to go"

"Ariel!!" Someone calls behind us.

"Oh my God... Are you okay" Kira asks, her and Mike comes close looking worried.

"I'm fine" I reply

"You should go and rest... I'll join you after a while" Helen cut in and give me a warm hug.

"Should I take you home?" Mike offer and I reject his offer.

Instead of going home I walk towards the big tree in sight then pull out the gun. I never thought Johnny wouldn't care if I die but I guess I'm wrong. We could have be good together but he just wants me for his pleasure I think. I made sure I remove the bullet in it then throw throw it separate from the gun itself.

Taking a deep breath I sit under the tree staring at the sky. The stars looks beautiful tonight as they shine brightly. The cool breeze flings my long hair backwards and the feels really great on my skin. I now have a year to live without Johnny, I just hope he won't tell my dad about it.

I jerk when I hear someone's phone rings beside me. Was someone here the whole time? I quickly hide myself.

"Hello" the person says, Steve what's he doing here? I thought he went home. "There's no need to know where I am" woah! He is cold. "Sorry...I still feel upset right now Lydia... I'll call you when I calm a bit" he says and I hear him hang up the phone. "Sigh...I can't believe I slept off" he wispher to himself. I just stay in the position listening to what he says.