CHAPTER 16

"Do you love me?" She asks almost as a wispher and my mind goes blank.

The question came too sudden, I never expect her to ask. 'Do I love her?' why am I asking myself this; of course I do. We've never exchange those 'i love you' words ever since we started dating.

"Steve" she calls breaking my train of thought.

"Yes i do" I tell her trying not to show the confuse look on my face. I do love her; I assure myself again. 'and you kissed Ariel without hesitation?' my subconscious ask and I push it back it. I kiss Ariel because of the taste of alcohol on her lips.

Wait! that excuse doesn't make sense, Does it?

"What took you so long to reply" she asks, yeah! what took me so long to reply? That,...I don't know.

"I love you Lydia...and I'm sorry for leaving you that night. I feel like a jerk doing so, I'll make it up to you I promise" I assure her taking her tiny hand. I guess my word works on her when I notice her blush lightly and look away. I smile and decide to use the opportunity to tease her "you know you look like one of those angry bird when you puff your cheek".

"Stop" she laugh lightly and hit my chest. "Which one?" She ask.

"The red one" I say, her lips form an 'O' and she hit me again on chest puffing her cheek once more. I laugh lightly. I thought I was going to lose her some minutes ago, I'm glad I didn't. 'The thing that happened last night won't happen again' I promise myself.

"Let's go grab some coffee" I entagle my fingers into hers tightly and we walk towards the cafe close to us. She turn silent on our way making me feel anxious. Is she still angry?

"What should we do after we grab a coffee?" She ask finally. Our hand still mingled

"I don't have any idea, you?" This conversation is boring, isn't it? I don't even know what to discuss with her.

"I'm thinking we should go to the park, to read a story together or something?" She ask and she frown when she sight someone ahead of us. "Is that Ariel?"

I look at her direction and there she is, Ariel; somehow I've been craving to see her. She is wearing a comfortable home dress and her hairs is braided backward looking hot as always. I notice I eyes move to our entangled hand and I feel like pulling my hand away from Lydia. Ariel's expression is unreadable when she look back at me. She turn, head for her black bike and zoom off.

"Are you still tutoring her?" Lydia ask after Ariel is out of sight.

"No...I've stopped" I reply and we both enter the cafe still holding each other hand. There is alot of people in the cafe and most of them here are students. Looking around my eyes land on a familiar person. What's her name again? Nancy; she sit still without moving a muscle. Her head is faced down with some of her hair covering her face. Is she okay? I ask myself.

"Here" Lydia says handing me a cup of coffee. "You want chips?" My gaze is still on Nancy, Lydia trace my gaze to Nancy. "Do you know her?"

"She's Ariel's friend...the one that was with her that day she came to ask for my help". I explain to her and we both find a good spot to enjoy the afternoon.

"She didn't ask for your help...she forced you" Lydia says when we get seated.

"I did help her because I wanted to...not because I was force"

"Okay" she throws a chip in her mouth making a soft crunchy sounds. "I don't even like that girl...not even a bit" I frown and look at her.

"Why?"

"I don't know she's mysterious...one should stay away from her.. I'm glad you've stop tutoring her" she says with her mouth full and I feel a slight of anger. I don't know why but I'm kind of upset she said that.