CHAPTER 40

Ariel's P.O.V

I watch the girl called Caroline or whatever her name is walks in with a small bag. the girl who taught Steven a lot of bad things is real? I thought Steven was joking! Why is she here anyway? Did Steve called her here? I didn't realize my lips are still parted until Steve closes it using his finger. I glare at him but he give me a smile.

"Hi...uhm sorry to interrupt" she says walking closer and both Steve and I stand on our feet. Gosh! I never thought she would be this beautiful. "I bought you a new phone since I smash the old one with my car"

I gasp hearing this. She is the one who hurt my pretty boy? How bold. My eyes turns cold as I stare at her and my blood begins to boil.

"You don't have to but thanks though... " Steve says and accept the bag from her. I feel like snatching the bag and throw it out the window but I don't want to be rude. Steven might not like it.

"You're welcome" she turn her head to me with a smile and stretch her hand towards me. "Hi I'm Caroline" she says introducing herself. 'I already know your name idiot' I say in my head.

She is really Caroline! Gosh this is annoying. Her dress looks expensive, she must be rich. She even get Steve admitted to a big hospital and even made him stay in a personal ward. How touching!

Steven clears his throat and look down at me. Knowing the reason, I unfold my arm and shake her without saying a word. She gives me an arkward smile as my face is still cold as ice.

Steven wrap his arm around my shoulder and I could feel his warmth. "This is Ariel. My girlfriend. She is just upset about accident" he says trying to smoothen the awkward moment. My eyes is still on her as we both stare at each other.

"Oh nice to meet you miss i'm so sorry about what happened" she bow slightly to me. She is nice, that's boring. I thought we are just going to exchange words.

"You don't need to apologise as I was the one who was at fault"Steve says to her.

"Hmm.. I couldn't call any of your relatives so you should probably call them. They would be worried by now" Caroline reply.

"I will. Thanks once again" Steven says and turn my cold eyes to him.

"This is the Ariel you mentioned earlier" I turn my gaze back to her. "She is pretty" she smile. I guess she is not a threat but I still need to be careful. "And scary too" she add and they both giggle while I roll my eyes.

Micheal walks in with three bags and stop seeing the three of us.

"The atmosphere is tense and nice at the same time" he comment. He turn to Caroline and ask. "And you are?"

"Hi... I'm Caroline" Caroline bow slightly to him and smile.

"Morning mi lady. You were the one I saw earlier outside. Are you Steven's relative?" Michael ask.

"No not really. I was the one that uhmm...hit him with my car" Caroline find hard with her words. I notice her blush slightly and an idea pops in my head.

Micheal turn his head to me. "Wow, I'm still surprise someone hasn't murdered anyone yet" he mummur and I scoff. He is unbelievable.

"Hmmm?" Caroline didn't get the meaning behind his words.

"I'm Micheal... Steven's brother in-law" he wink at her and she blush. "I must say, you look beautiful".

"Ha! thanks" she tuck her hair behind her ears avoiding his gaze.

These two...

"I think they are into each other" I whisper to Steve.

"You must be happy" Steve whisper back and we both smile.