CHAPTER 39

(In the hospital)

Ariel's P.O.V

I only have nightmares once or twice a week and most times I don't remember. But this turns out to be different. The bloody body on the floor turns out to be Steven again. My dad looks like a devil and his evil smile brought a chill in my spine.

A loud gasp escape my lips as I snap into reality and my breath turns heavy. My eyes dart around wondering where am I. The room is White. I'm I dead?

"Hey Ariel are you okay?" Micheal close the book in his hand and move closer.

I frown. "Where am I?"

"The hospital... You passed out while talking to Lydia" Micheal reply. "Lydia came in to call for help when you passed out...she was surprisingly worried about you".

"Hmm"

Remembering Steven I ask him "Where's my phone?" My mind is in sync now seeing Steve's bloody body twice in my dream. I want to see him badly and confirm he is okay.

"You lost it when your head was hit...I've bought you another one though but it's not yet with me" Micheal explain. "The doctor says you should rest and relax your brain for a while"

"Give me your phone" I order. he pulls out his phone and I jerk it away from him immediately.

I stare at the phone not knowing what to press. "I don't even know his number" I mumble to myself and sigh.

"Do you need to call someone?"

"Uhm..you know I was going on a date to Steve. So the accident happened before him. I'm sure he is scared and restless right now. I need to call him to tell him I'm fine" I reply impatiently and Micheal turns quiet.

"Do you know his location?" I ask him.

He scratch his head and looks away. Something his does whenever he is nervous.

"Are you hiding something?"

"Hmm?"

"What happened to Steve?" I swear if those asshole touch him, I'll kill them myself.

"You see...after your accident, I think Steven tries to save you and..." he purse and observe me. "...was hit by a car"

"What!!!" I exclaim and jerk myself down from the bed. "Where is he?" My eyes tears up immediately. I hope my dream is not becoming real. Steven is hurt again because of me.

"I knew this would be your reaction if I tell you... So I decided to bring you to the hospital he is admitted to". Micheal reply. My body relax a bit knowing Steven is here.

"So you mean Steven is here" I ask trying to confirm and he nod in reply. "Which ward?"

"Relax...his injury isn't that bad. You can visit him later.."

"I need to see him now. Just tell me...which ward!!"

Hearing the ward number from him, I storm out ignoring the pain at the back of my head while he follows me behind.

After a while of searching, I finally spot the ward and open the door without wasting anymore time.

...

Steve P.O.V

"He'll be fine...the surgery went well, he just need to rest and eat well most especially vegetables because of the blood he lost..." Those are the first words that rings in my ear when my eyes opens. "Make sure he doesn't try do something that would open up the stitches..."

I turn my head toward where the voice is coming from. Where am I?

"Sure doctor... I'll make sure I do that" The lady says to a man in a white lab coat who turns to leave the room.