Chapter 6

Amara- now
There goes another bottle of wine.

Oh and another.

I throw the wine bottle against the wall.

"Mrs Moretti!" Our maid rushes into the wine cellar.

"Hi." I say throwing another bottle of wine at the wall.

"What are you doing?" She asks as she looks around. "Oh, oh wow." She says in disbelief.

"I need to... be careful you don't cut yourself." She tells me rushing away.

No more alcohol.

Fuck I cannot take the look of disappointment in Gio's eyes. I can take it from everyone except for him. Fuck I'm such a mess.

I sit on the floor and hug my knees into my chest.

"Amara?" Gio yells as he comes into the wine cellar.

"Shit." He says as he looks around.

"Hi." I give him a small wave.

"You okay?" He asks and I nod.

"What you doing?" He asks stepping around a broken glass bottle.

"I'm just grieving." I tell him and he nods slowly.

Gio scoops me up into his arms.

"What are you doing?" I ask putting my head on his chest.

"Making sure you don't hurt yourself." He takes me to the living room and sits with me.

"I'm okay." I tell him and he just shakes his head.

He turns his head so he's not looking at me and just sighs.

"I want to help you." He doesn't even look at me.

"I'm sorry." I apologise moving closer to him. He doesn't make any attempt to touch me or to move away.

"I can't help you if you won't let me." He whispers.

"I'm sorry." I apologise again.

"I don't think you are. You want to numb the pain the only way you know. Unfortunately you aren't doing anyone any favours. Not me, not you, not your uterus, not the maid, no one." He snaps.

This times the tears well in my eyes. I knew he would grow to hate me. I just nod.

"I was waiting for this." I admit and this time he stands and starts pacing.

"No you can't pull this guilt trip shit. Do you know how hard it is to come home every night and see your wife and the only person you've loved push you away and turn to alcohol instead of talking to me? I hate coming home. I drown myself in work so I don't have to come home." He admits.

"I love you so much and you're driving me insane. You can't keep doing this to me. Last night I come home to you passed out fully dressed in the tub. Tonight I come home to you smashing up the wine cellar like hulk fucking smash. Last week I came home to break down after break down."

Everyone hates me.

It's the easiest thing to do, hating me that it.

I push everyone to it.

It was only a matter of time before he snaps and hates me.

"Do you want a divorce?" I ask and he stops pacing.

"Fuck no! I want you to stop. Im so fucking scared of what you're going to do." He sits back down, still not making any attempt to touch me.

I hate when he withdraws his touch, he only does it when he's really angry. Like right now.