Chapter 38

Giovanni-Now
"How's Amara?" Jax asks sitting opposite me in my office.

"She's fine." I lie.

"Lara wants to see her." Jax tells me.

"Well she's busy at the moment." I lie again.

"Can you bring her round again?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"Maybe." Is the answer I give him.

"Was the other day to much?" He asks.

"Jax, I really need to sort this out." I tell him and he raises an eyebrow.

"What are you doing?" He asks trying to look at my computer.

"Work, like you should be." I tell him.

He lets out a sigh and checks his phone quickly.

"What happened? I thought we were getting back to our old selves?" Jax asks.

I do feel bad, it's normally the other way around, us.

"It's not about you." I sigh, shaking my head.

He doesn't get it and he never will.

This whole situation has nothing to do with him and I. It's everything to do with me and Amara.

After work he goes home to his wife who has spent the whole day with their kids.

When I go home after work, I have no idea what situation my wife is in. There's so much that was going on at the moment anyway then he just has to put a pregnancy on top of that.

"I know but it affects you." He sighs.

"I've just got a lot going on at the moment, I don't mean to be a dick but I can't help it sometimes." I admit.

He just nods, doesn't say anything else. He leaves my office and heads to his own.

****
I find her fast asleep in bed.

It's only 4pm, I hope she's okay.

I lie down beside her and pull her on to my chest.

She looks so tired. She's been sleeping a lot more recently.

She's the most beautiful women I've ever seen in my whole entire life. I'm amazed by her.

Every single day I look at this women and my feelings never change, she's the most beautiful women in every room. It's effortless and she never fails to make me smile. Whether she's drooling all over her pillow asleep or opposite me at a table all done up.

I love her.

I kiss her forehead and just hold her to me. God I'm so glad she's here.

It's scary the power she holds over me without knowing.

I've never crumbled in my life for a women the way I have for her, not even my mom.

"Gio?" She turns into me. Her head is no longer on my chest but turned and burrowed into my side.

"It's me, mon coeur." I run a hand through her hair.

"Don't mess up my hair." She warns, it's muffled but still stern.

I let out a laugh squeeze her arm.

"Your home early?" She points out.

She slowly takes her head from my side and scoots up the bed so we're face to face.

I reach out and stroke her tear stained cheek.

"I missed you." I tell her. She smiles and nuzzles into my hand.

"The chef is on his way over to make dinner for us." I tell her. She nods, smiling as she does so.

"What's going on? Are you okay?" I ask her.

The tear stained cheeks, the napping, the hiding away from me most of the time.

"Nothing I'm just so tired." She admits.

"Okay mon coeur, you rest, I'll wake you when dinner is done." I tell her.

She moves closer to me and falls back to sleep in my arms.

I wish I could give her the one thing she wants.

"I love you." I whisper as I kiss below her ear.

****
I read over a file one of my men- Jason- brought me.

I raise an eyebrow at him once I've finished reading it.

"Why am I only getting this now?" I ask.

"I gave it to Jax and he took two days to read it." He tells me.

I slam the file down and shake my head.

Breathe.

I flip it back open and let out a groan.

I can't have our suppliers mixing drugs together. Yeah sure some might find it appealing but not a lot will.

For fuck sake.

"Right well that shipment is going to be completely mixed isn't it?" I let out another groan thinking about the shipment we have coming in tonight.

"Yes sir." He nods.

"Well I'm going to need our top dealers on this, try and get rid of as much of it as fucking possible whilst I try and fix it." I shake my head.

Before I can say anything else Amara wanders in.

She raises an eyebrow at me, both hands behind her back and extra pouty red lips. It's the lips that send me.

I know exactly what she wants.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt." She glances between Jason and I.

Bullshit.

She's standing just inside of my office in one of my unbuttoned shirts and some tiny little shorts and a bright red bra.

Jason's eyes go wide and they stay focused ahead of him, to a spot behind my bed.

She turns around and I bite back a groan, she knows exactly what she's doing.

"Get your ass back in here." I call after her.

She turns to me as she does, she pulls her bottom lip between her teeth.

Fucking hell.

"I'll fix this, you do what you need to." I tell him. He nods slowly and then rushes out of my office, closing the door behind him.

"Sounds like you're busy, I'll come back later." She takes a step backwards.

"No you won't, you're going to come here." I tell her.

She nods with a happy smile then sits her self right in front of me on my desk.

"Hi baby." She takes me face in her hands.

"Hi mon coeur." I swipe my thumb over her bottom lip. "This is a new shade." I tell her as she wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me closer to her.

"I know, saw it and thought of you." She leans down and presses a kiss to my jaw.

"You going to let me worship that body?" She asks kissing down my neck, leaving her red lip prints as she does so.

"Only if you let me worship yours." I tell her.

"Always." She says slipping into my lap.

"I love you." I tell her.

"I love you." She places a kiss to my lips. She pulls back looking pretty proud of herself.