Chapter 23

Giovanni-then

Walk the fuck away.

Walk away.

The second I closed her bedroom door I honestly felt like shit. I should've stayed.

I need to stop this arrangement, it's going to hurt me if I carry on.

This is the third time I've just walked away after we had sex.

It needs to be this way, in fact it needs to stop.

I head downstairs and climb into my Jeep. It takes a minute then Jax is climbing in beside me.

"Why the fuck are you ignoring me?" He asks as I pull out of his garage.

"Im not?" I say confused.

"I called you about five times back then." He tells me.

"Oh sorry, I didn't hear you." It's better to say that then to tell him that I was too lost in my own head about my whole situation with Amara.

He shuts up instantly taken back and just goes on his phone.

We head straight to one of our clubs.

When I get there I walk past the queue, past the guards on the door and head straight for one of the back rooms, Jax following behind me.

He tries to talk to me a few times but I'm in a bad mood.

There's only one thing on my mind which is bad. I need to focus and get ready for this meeting.

"Stop!" Jax grabs my arm.

"Don't pull me around." I turn to him.

"What the fuck is up your ass? You're acting like a complete dick." He tells me.

"Nothing can we just get this done please?" I ask gesturing to the office down the hall.

The quicker this is over, the quicker I can go and fix things with Amara.

No!

"Oh please don't tell me this is about Amara? She needs to get married and you can't commit to that." Jax sighs.

Why can't I? Because he isn't getting married anytime soon? Because he just had his heart broken? How is that fair?

"I can." I argue.

"You'd marry her?" He asks with a raised eyebrow as though he doesn't believe it.

I shrug.

"You can't marry her." He tells me.

I can.

"Fuck off." I say heading for the office.

***
One dead body and a quarter of a million dollars later I attempt to leave the office.

"Will you fucking talk to me? You listen to me go on day in day about Lara so can you just fucking explain?" Jax shouts, stopping me from leaving.

I stand, back to him, I contemplate running but I stand still.

"I like her." I admit to him.

I hate this.

"No shit. I gathered that, dumbass." He puts his glass down.

"You know you can't be the one to marry her." He says and I sigh. I know.

"She's had a shit life, she needs someone who's going to be there for her, be happy and kind to her, someone who will treat her right. Someone Matteo likes and someone who will be there for her and fight for her." He tells me.