Chapter 49

Amara- then
I said yes obviously. I'm on about when Liam got down on one knee in my favourite restaurant, with his family,  after an amazing day. The ring was his grandma's and his mother's. It isn't my dream ring but it's sweet to be included into a family that actually accept me.

After the restaurant we went for ice cream and then we went back to Liam's.

"I don't think I want to stay the night." I tell Liam in between kisses.

"That's okay." He tells me. God, he's so patient.

He lies me down and hovers over me. I hook him into me by wrapping my arms around his neck and legs around him.

I pull him closer into me, but push his head into my neck.

"What do you want from this?" Liam asks whilst placing kisses down my neck and across the top of my dress.

We're going to have to do this at some point. May as well do it now.

"I want you, now." I tell him.

He nods and pulls my dress over my head and throws it to the floor.

"Is it still okay if I leave after?" I ask Liam.

"If you want to go and share the news with your family, that's okay with me." He says as we sit up so I can unbutton his shirt and trousers.

He throws his shirt to the floor along with his belt.

He sits back on his knees before he stands, leaving me on his sofa, in just a thong.

When he comes back, he's got a package in between his fingers.

"Yes." I nod to him.

He slides his trousers off before hovering between my legs.

"You look so good." He says before leaning down to lick down from my collarbone to my nipple, taking his time with each one.

"You don't have to do all that stuff, I don't really like it too much." I admit as my back arched under him.

"You sure? I enjoy doing it." He tells me.

"It's nothing personal." I kiss him.

He pulls back to take his boxers off and slide the condom on. As he does that I pull down my thong.

He uses one of the pillows on sofa to go under my hips and pushes my legs open before he pushes into me.

"You still okay?" He asks thrusting in and out of me.

"Yeah." I nod as I hook my leg around his back to position him at a new angle.

"Harder." I gasp as he thrusts quite deep.

He follows my demands and leans down to kiss me as he does so.

When I start gasping he uses his hand to circle my clit.

"Are you near?" He asks and I nod.

He kisses me and carries on.

"Liam." I let out, grabbing on to his arm.

"Go for it." He tells me.

We both come together and he collapses against me.

He stands and takes me through to his bedroom.

We lie in his bed together and he holds my hand on his chest.

"I have to go and see Matteo." I tell him.

"Just stay a little longer." He tells me and I do.

When Liam falls asleep I climb out of his bed, I say goodbye to Bella whilst I was naked which felt insanely awkward.

I throw my dress on and grab my shoes before tip toeing out of Liams apartment.

Thankfully, like always, Dom was stood outside.

"Going home Miss Ricci?" He asks taking off his jacket.

"Please." I give him a small smile.

He leads me out of the building complex and into his car.

God I feel bad for leaving.

When I get back to Jax and Gio's house, Dom actually carried me inside because I wasn't wearing any shoes.

"Thank you." I smile at him.

Matteo rushes over to me straight away as Dom places me down on my feet in the foyer.

"Let me see!" Matteo tries to make a big deal out of the situation as soon as Liam drops me home.

I put out my hand and he claps and then pulls me in for a hug.

"And this is what you want?" He asks. Before I can answer a girl with pink bubblegum hair rushes downstairs with Gio.

Gio walks her to the front door and as soon as she leaves takes a breath of relief.

"She was easy." He tells Matteo and winks as he walks past us and heads to the kitchen.

I wasn't expecting that to hurt the way it did.

I shut him down.

We can't happen, my brother would never allow it and besides we'd be too complicated.

"It's pretty late, I'm gonna head to bed." I tell Matteo.

"I'll be up soon." Matteo tells me.

I head straight upstairs, not even going to my room but to Matteo's room.

I put on some of my pyjamas and climb into his bed and cuddle into his stuffed bunny.

Why do I feel like this?

I'm engaged to a nice man who's so sweet and takes care of me. I broke things of with Gio, I can't be jealous because he's started sleeping with someone else.

****
"Hey." Matteo climbs in beside me.

I give him a small smile and cuddle in further to Matteo's stuffed bunny. He won it for me when we were kids and then when I started disappearing for hours into days at a time he started not being able to sleep without it. It's quite sweet, my brother is sweet.

"What's wrong?" Matteo asks.

I shake my head, not really knowing myself and not wanting to talk about it.

"I thought you'd be happier." Matteo tells me.

I was happy, in the moment. But everything after that didn't feel right.

"I am." I lie.

Matteo rolls his eyes and then turns on his side so he's facing me.

"He's good for you." He tells me. That I know.

I nod.

"Why aren't you celebrating with him right now?" He asks me.

"I just wanted some quiet." I admit to Matteo.

"But you've been looking forward to this day since you were basically born." He tells me.

I shrug, not really knowing what he wants me to say.

"What's going on? Tell me." Matteo says.

"He's really great." I nod at Matteo.

"But?" Matteo waits for the other shoe to drop.

"I don't think he's who I want." I admit.