Chapter 39

Amara- then
"Wow." I say looking around Liam's apartment.

His apartment is so beautiful, it's got floor to ceiling windows and it's just so amazing. It's pretty simple and not much personal items around except for a photo of him with his niece and nephew in the living room.

"Find something you like?" He asks from behind me. I turn to look at him and smile.

"I have." I pinch his nose. He laughs and kisses my forehead.

"Come on." He leads me to the kitchen.

He pulls out a stool for me and I climb onto it.

He slides a plate in front of me, my requested Chinese food.

"Thank you." I smile.

He pours a white wine into my glass, I've never had this one before and have no idea how to pronounce it. Liam says it's the only alcoholic drink that should be consumed with a Chinese.

Liam also feeds Dom who's stood by the front door on alert, no clue why.

All through dinner we talk, he's so easy to talk to and he's genuinely so funny.

After we eat I help Liam load the dishwasher with our dishes from dinner.

"You look so beautiful." He kisses my forehead.

"Are you going to show me your bedroom yet or what?" I ask and he laughs.

"Sure but I've got to warn you, my dog is in there." I swear to god my eyes widen.

"You've got a dog?!" I squeal.

"Yes." He laughs. "Shar-Pei." He adds.

I run to what I'm assuming is his bedroom.

"Next room over." He calls behind me, laughing.

I open the door and his dog rushes out to my legs.

I drop to my knees and immediately start giving this dog all my attention.

"Girl or boy?" I ask Liam.

"Girl." He confirms.

"Aw!" I don't take my eyes from her.

"What's her name?" I ask him.

"Bella." He confirms.

She looks up and rushes over to Liam. Liam leans down and strokes her.

"You were such a good girl, such a good girl. I think it's time for a treat." He says and Bella runs into the kitchen.

I follow them into the kitchen where Liam gets her out a treat.

"Do you want to give it to her?" He asks and I nod.

"Please?" I ask and he smiles.

As I lean down to give Bella her treat she does a spin then sits down.

"Nicely." Liam warns her. She makes me come all the way down to her and then takes the treat so softly.

"Aww!" I clap my hands as I stand back beside Liam. "She's so cute." I tell him.

He smiles proudly.

I still want to spy on his room.

I lean up and kiss his cheek then rush into his bedroom to look around.

His bedroom is actually quite big. His bed is huge , it looks so comfy.

There's really not much to his room either. A bookshelf with a few books,

"Your place is very simple." I tell him and he shrugs.

"I've never had someone to fill the space with." He admits.

"Do you want that person to be me?" I ask as I run my finger over all the books on his bookshelf.

"I like you Amara. Part of inviting you over tonight would be to see what our evenings could look like." He admits.

I turn to face him and put a hand on my waist.

He's my favourite out of all the guys I've dated, he's my favourite.

I like Alessandro (the other guy I'm speed dating at the moment) it's just in the long term I think I make more sense with Liam. Alessandro is so much more physical and I don't know, I just have a better feeling about Liam.

"Well, how do our evenings look?" I ask him with a raised eyebrow.

"I come home from work, you greet my by the door." He says taking a step closer to me. "I make dinner because you are an awful cook." He says and I let out a scoff.

"You sit at the island and watch me whilst drinking my most expensive wine. We talk about our days and after dinner we clean." He says taking another step forward.

"Then we climb into bed with our little princess." He says glancing over at Bella. That's so cute. "Then we watch a movie in bed, finish our wine and you try to tempt me with chocolates and ice cream." He leans out and cups my face in his hands.

"After our movie or the tv show that we started together is over, we get ready for bed and then we get into bed again and you tell me about any and all plans you have for the following day." He rubs his thumb back and forth my cheek.

"No sex?" I ask him.

That did surprise me a bit. Everyone wants to sleep with me, it's all they want from me.

"Not unless you want to." He tells me.

"You don't want to?" I ask with a raised eyebrow, I'm a bit confused.

"I do, but I also just want to make you feel comfortable." He admits.

Oh my god.

This guy is perfect. Matteo is Cupid.

I used to be very worried about not being able to fall in love and whilst I'm not in love with Liam, I could definitely see myself getting there.

"You're so cute." I tell him reaching up for his hair.

"Thank you." He smiles.

"Do you want kids?" I ask raising my eyebrows.

"I do." He nods. "Do you?"

I nod. I can't wait to have children.

"How many do you want?" I ask him.

"I'm fine with how ever many my partner wants." He tells me.

He's literally perfect. He's completely won me over.

"So what should I tell my brother?" I ask him with a raised eyebrow. "Am I going home tonight or am I staying?" I ask.

"Stay." He smiles.

"I'm so glad you said that." I pat his cheek then walk past him and sit down beside Bella.

She rolls onto her stomach and I pout up at Liam.