Chapter 12

Amara- Now
I glance between Rosie and Rocco as they board the plane.

I get out of my seat opposite Gio and sit beside Rosie before Rocco can.

This causes a scowl from Rocco and him taking my previous seat whilst glaring at me for the whole of the journey to Brazil.

When we land in Brazil it's a breath of relief because the plane ride was so bad. Rocco argued with just about everyone.

It's also a weight on my chest. We're about to see Jax and Lara.

The journey to their house is long and I'm on edge the whole time. I actually lived with Lara and Alannah here for a few months when Lara first took over so they could get into a routine.

Gio is sat next to me, we're in a separate car from the others.

One thing about Gio and I is that we're very good at acting and playing pretend. In front of the others we can act like everything's fine and we're okay but really everything is a mess.

When we pull up outside of the house I turn to Gio who just gives me an encouraging smile before getting out of the car. He circles the car to open the door for me.

I use his hand to help get out of the car and head into the house.

"Auntie Mars!" Alannah rushes in my direction. I have no idea where Mars came from. One day she called me it and it hasn't stopped since.

I lean down to pick her up and spin her around.

"How's my favourite girl?" I ask she smiles.

"Good mommy and daddy are here and now you are here and uncle Vanni and uncle Matteo and Rocco and Rocco's girlfriend that's a flower. We're going to have so much fun." She tells me and I smile and kiss her cheek before Gio takes her from me.

Her and Gio are really close.

I watch as Gio whispers to her and she laughs, throwing her head back in the moment.

Gio supports her back and walks further into the house with her. Uh.

My heart hurts.

He would be such a good parent. Such a good parent. He deserves a kid.

My eyes water as I watch Gio with Alannah.

There's a light touch on my back and I turn back to my brother who has a sympathetic look on his face.

"I'm fine." I tell him before heading upstairs to my room.

I fall back onto my bed and just stare at the ceiling. It needs to get better than this, right now.

****
I look at Rosie who does look stunning. We're about to enter the ball room.

The doors open and our names get called.

"Mrs Amara Moretti and Mrs Rosie Ricci."

I drag Rosie with me through the door to the top of some stairs. I've done this for so many years now.

I always walk in with Gio so he gets introduced first. It actually feels pretty nice to be introduced by myself.

"Smile and look ahead." I tell Rosie and she does just that. We get photos taken from every angle. This is a big event in Brazil so it ends up in the media. Tabloids, newspapers, social media. All of it.

Once they stop I slowly lead Rosie down some steps. Once we get to the bottoms stops both Rocco and Gio are waiting for us.

I focus on Gio as he puts his arms out for me. I turn to Rosie and squeeze her arm. "I'll see you later." I nod at her before stepping into Gio's arms.