Chapter 47

Then- Giovanni
"I'm gonna head." Jax says looking up from his desk and locking eyes on one of the workers here.

"Alright." I say goodbye to him.

Once he's gone I finish up some work on my computer before heading out to the dance floor.

I know she's here, but I try not to look for her in the crowded room.

I make my way over to one of my business partners booths to talk with them.

"Gio." He greets me.

He gets straight into the business talk which isn't that fun, but I listen to him regardless.

I make the mistake of looking over at the dance floor that's when I see her.

My Amara.

She meets my eyes, as though she can feel them on her.

She raises her bottle to me before she starts grinding against a girl who I can't say I recognise.

I'm not jealous.

I'm not.

Lies.

Not only do I have to put up with Liam, but this also.

Her eyes don't look away from mine, not even when a little blonde comes and slides under my arm.

I don't take much interest at the girl under my arm, the girl I'm interested in is on the dance floor.

I watch as the bottle she's gripping by the neck becomes empty as she drinks it.

Once it's down she gestures to the side before peeling herself off some bodies and heading to a corner.

I excuse myself as I make my way through the crowd to her.

When I find her, she's grinning to herself.

"Gio." She points out.

I don't say anything but crush my lips to her, she kisses back.

My Amara, kissing me.

I push her back against the wall, never once removing my lips from hers.

"Wait." She pulls back.

"What?" I groan.

I finally have the girl.

"Liam's proposing tomorrow." She tells me.

"How do you know?" I ask pinning her against the wall, one hand on either side of her head.

"I read Matteo's emails the other day." She says with a shrug.

She's been back home with us for a few days but she still spends a lot of time with Liam in the evenings once she's finished work.

I forget how busy we all are and how alone she must feel in that house by herself all the time.

"What do you wanna do?" I ask her.

This is all down to her.

I don't mind taking her into my office and making an unhonest woman out of her, but if she does then I wouldn't.

"He's so sweet to me." She says, not giving me an answer.

"What do you want?" I ask her.

It takes her a moment before she starts brushing her self against my leg.

"I didn't get an answer." I tell her.

"You." She says.

Done deal.

I grab her hand and lead her through the bodies of people to my office.

Once she's in my office I slam the door shut and pin her against it.

I crash my lips on to hers straight away and kiss her so roughly.

It's been so long that we've been together I can't even control myself.

"Are you gonna take me against the door?" She asks.

"Do you want me to?" I ask against her lips as I unbuckle my belt.

"I do." She whispers.

"Done." I pull up her dress and pull down my trousers and plunge into her as hard and deep as I can manage.

She gasps against my ear with the happiest grin.

I've missed this.

****
"How are you going to break up with Liam?" I ask her as I brush her back with my fingers.

"I'm not." She says confused.

"What do you mean?" I ask, stopping what I'm doing and sitting up straight.

"I enjoy this." She gestures between the two of us.  "But I want to settle down with him."

Fuck this girl just knows how to hurt me.

Realistically it shouldn't hurt me, but it does.

"What about me?" I ask, showing her my first and last piece of vulnerability.

"You were never an option." She says sitting up.

That woke something up in me, something that had been hiding. What the fuck am I doing here?

I climb out of bed and start pulling on my trousers instantly.

"Where are you going?" She asks, moving behind me.

"Home." I tell her.

"This is your home." She says climbing out of bed, wrapping a blanket around her as she does.

We came back to my apartment a few hours ago to make sure we wouldn't get caught.

"No. This is my safety net, a place I like to come for privacy." I tell her and push past her to grab my shirt.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

Is she serious?

"How can you possibly not know?" I shout. I don't mean to but this situation is so incredibly frustrating.

She looks at me, confused.

"Am I some sort of joke to you? I'm always here for you! Always! I put myself out there so many times and you shut me down every single fucking time. Why the fuck do you keep doing this to me if you know it won't go anywhere?!"

"Gio." She sighs but I shake my head and lead to the door.

"Gio!" She shouts after me.

I stop and turn to her.

This is the last time.

Just say something that will fix this or I'm gone for real.

She sighs again before pulling tighter on the blanket.

"He's my ticket out of this." She tells me simply.

"I could be your ticket out of it." I tell her.

"No." She shakes her head. "Out of this life. He's a good man. No blood on his hand. We've got a plan to get out of here."

"You aren't honestly naive to think you'll ever escape this life are you?" I ask her.

She looks down at the floor as if I've struck a nerve. Good. We're even.

"Let him be the one to save you then. Because I'm so fucking sick of trying. I can't do this with you anymore." I tell her.

I open the door and see Dom, good.

"Dom's out here, he'll drop you wherever you need to go." I tell her then leave.

One thing is for certain, Amara is my own personal hell. The one thing I can touch if I'm lucky but cannot have.