Chapter 44

Amara- now
"Where is she?" Matteo demands from the foyer.

I hear him before I see him. He is very loud.

It's been three weeks since I found out I was pregnant, I'm 7 weeks now. 6 weeks left to go.

We've been avoiding everyone and haven't told anyone.

Both of us agreed that we weren't going to tell anyone till I had my cervix stitched up, it makes the lose sense. I've been miscarrying far too often and this way no one's hopes are up.

That means we've obviously been avoiding Matteo, he's tried to get to the house a few times but has never made it this far.

"She is here, calm down." I intercept Dom who is pushing Matteo back towards the door.

"Oh shit." Matteo says stopping in his tracks to look at me. He knows. Just by one look at me I know he already knows.

"Dom, he's okay." I confirm.

"But Gio said-"

Gio has told our security not to let anyone in the house at all, under any circumstances. That unfortunately means my brother as well.

"Gio!" I scream for my husband so he can tell Dom the same thing.

"Amara, calm, you need to remain calm." Dom tells me as he attempts to be calming, he's not calming, nothing about him he calming.

I roll my eyes and turn in the direction of the kitchen where I know he's cooking our dinner.

He runs and I mean full on sprints from the kitchen to me.

"Are you okay? What's happening? Christina, get her some water." He sends our maid rushing into the kitchen. I think she's scared of Gio because she quite literally tumbled over herself on the way to the kitchen.

"I'm fine." I take his hands from me and gesture over to Matteo and Dom. He's always such a worrier when it comes to me.

Matteo is stood there in shock, what looks like, and Dom is guarding him to make sure he can't get further in without Gio's approval.

"Oh, hey man." Gio gives Matteo an awkward wave.

"What the fuck is this? You know I had one of the guys distract your security and jumped the fence." Matteo asks.

"I'm getting the fence electrified." Gio whispers down to me. I let out a laugh and lean into his side.

"Your pregnant." Matteo tells me as if I don't already know.

"He's fine for today, thank you, Dom." Gio tells Dom as he slips his arm around me.

Dom nods and let's go of Matteo before heading back to his station.

"I fucking knew it." Matteo points between us.

"I haven't heard from you properly in weeks." He points at me. "You hardly ever go to the office or the warehouse, you hardly leave the house. I knew she had to be." Matteo throws his hands around.

"How far along?" Matteo asks.

"Seven weeks." I tell him and place a hand on my stomach. I haven't really got a bump, I just look very bloated.

"Holy fuck." Matteo drops to his knees in front of me.

"That's my niece or nephew in there?" He looks up at me to confirm.

"Well I sure as shit hope so." Gio pipes up.

"Imagine it's an alien." I joke whilst hip bumping Gio. He rolls his eyes but kisses my forehead anyway.

"This is so amazing." Matteo goes to touch my stomach but retracts his hand. "Can I?"

"Yeah." I nod and glance down at my stomach. "I'm not really showing or anything so you don't have to. She's like the size of a grape." I tell my brother as he places his palm over my stomach and looks up at me with genuine happiness.

"It's a girl?" He asks.

"We don't know yet, we both thinks it's a girl." Gio tells Matteo.

Matteo smiles and cups his hands around his mouth to talk directly to my stomach, which is a bit weird.

"Hi princess, uncle Matteo here. Now I'm so excited to see you, so you get real comfy in there and wait out the next thirty two weeks and then I'm going to be the first person who holds you okay? Uncle Matteo is gonna feed mommy his favourite foods so you learn to love them as well."

Gio and I exchange concerned looks as Matteo continues to babble to my stomach.

Gio draws the line when Matteo starts making weird noises for the baby and starts laughing to himself.

"Are you joining us for dinner?" Gio asks.

Matteo stands and pulls me into a hug. He squeezes me tight then quickly pulls back and apologises to me and my stomach.

"What you having?" Matteo asks slinging an arm around my shoulders.

"Salmon, potatoes and asparagus, we're just waiting on the potatoes." Gio announces. He kisses my cheek then heads back to the kitchen.

"So..." Matteo leads me towards the kitchen. "Have you thought of any names yet?" He asks.
"I'm thinking, Matthew for a boy, Mattea for a girl." He offers.

Oh, here we go.

****
Once Gio climbs into bed beside me , he nuzzled my side.

"I'm surprised Matteo isn't in here." He tells me with a laugh. One of his hands rest against my stomach whereas the other holds mine.

"I told him to leave me alone because I was tired and needed to sleep." I tell Gio .

He lets out a laugh and kisses my neck.

"How you feeling?" He always asks this, he is constantly checking in on me. I love it for him. For a leader of a gang, he is so sweet and caring.

"I actually feel alright right now, I'm just really tired." I admit.

"You've had a long day, just get some rest." He kisses me again before wishing me a goodnight.

"Matteo's going to be such a good uncle, isn't he." I tell Gio.

"He will." Gio confirms.

I smile and push back into Gio so I'm as close to him as possible, I prefer it this way, makes me feel safe.