Chapter 26

Amara- Now
"I want to make a baby." I tell Gio as I step into his office.

"Well I didn't need to know that." Matteo shakes his head and stands.

"I'm going to throw up." He declares.

"Make sure you send those files over." Gio calls after him.

"How'd you get here?" He asks.

"Dom drove me, he's outside." I tell him.

He nods, stands and makes his way over to me.

"Time for a baby?" I ask.

He picks me up and wraps my legs around his waist.

"Time for a baby." He confirms.

He pushes his stuff of the desk and places me there.

Once we'd finished he sits back down in his office chair and sits me in his lap.

"Do you want me to stay whilst you work?" I ask putting my head on his shoulder.

His phone rings and he answers it.

"Blake just handle it." He sighs.

I raise an eyebrow.

"I'll be down in a fucking minute." He hangs up the phone.

He takes me out of his lap and  guides me out of his office. I stay behind him and once we're outside. He starts talking to Dom.

Something about a code black.

Dom nods and stays behind me whilst Gio is in front of me.

Instead of heading for the lift, we head for the stairs.

"What's going on?" I ask Gio.

He presses the elevator button though and we head for the stairwell.

"Shooter in the lobby." Is all he says.

Fuck off.

Once I'm in the stairwell he kisses me.

"Dom is going to take you home." He tells me. I look up at Dom who has the same expression on his face as always, it's just broody.

"Will you call me?" I ask Gio. I'm scared for him.

"I will. Don't worry, this happens all the time I'll be okay. Just think about the possible baby in there." He taps my stomach and kisses me before heading towards the elevator.

I look up at Dom. He leads me down the stairs. There's so many stairs. Gio's office is quite high up. They own the building but only use the 30th floor to the 64th so they rent the bottom 30 to companies.

We've got to go down about 60 flights of stairs right now.

I kinda wish I didn't wear heels but I do love them. However running down the stairs in them isn't helping anyone.

Dom stops me after we get down two flights.

"Take them off, their too loud." He whispers to me.

"What are you mad? I'm not going barefoot!" He gives me a stern look.

I did end up going barefoot and carrying my heels.

"How many more?" I groan as I rush down more fucking stairs.

"52." Dom tells me and then tells me to be quiet.

I take a break after about five more floors. I'm getting dizzy and I'm out of breath. Running down stairs is harder than it seems.

"When we move again you should move fast. I know we're basically going in circles but you've got to move fast. We need to get out of here okay?" I nod.

He takes my heels in his hands and then takes my hand and drags me with him as he starts running down the stairs.

It's got to be a soft enough run so that no one can hear us.

"Do you think Gio's okay?" I ask.

"Yes."

****
"Fucking hell." I pant as we get to the basement, it's where we're parked.

Dom sends me a glare and walks behind me as we head for the car. Once I'm in the car he does a few checks before getting into the SUV.

"Don't check in yet. You don't want them to know we're here." Dom tells me as he speeds off.

They're not here after me. No one would come after me.

"Wait but what if Gio is hurt?" I ask.

He doesn't say anything, just concentrated on the road.

"What is this all about? All the extra security, what's going on?" I ask.

"You need to talk to your husband." Is all he says.

Gio tells me Jack shit.

When I get home I head into Gio's office, I'm not going to snoop, yet. When he gets home I'll ask what's going on, if he lies then I'll snoop.

I sit in his chair and stare at the photo on his desk.

Our wedding day.

We're walking back down the aisle, we're huddled over each other laughing. Our smiles were so big.

Our wedding wasn't big, we didn't want a lot of people there. It was just family really. Dom was there actually! He brought his daughter, it was very cute, made me cry actually.

There's another photo, just of me. I'm eating a burger. It's really messy, it's like everywhere. I'm glaring at him, he was laughing at me behind the camera.

When Gio comes into his office he's on the phone and is talking in Italian.

When he sees me sat in his chair, he looks relieved.

He ends the phone call and pulls me up into his arms.

He kisses the side of my head as well.

He's sits down and sits me on his lap. I turn so I'm across him and he kisses my cheek.

"What's going on Gio?" I ask as he runs a hand through his hair.

"They're not backing down at all. They won't meet me. All their demands I can't give to them." He says.

What?

"What do they want?" I ask. It can't be that bad. There's got to be a way around it. Something.

He shakes his head, not telling me.

"What is it?" I ask again.

"You. They want you."

Why would they want me? No one ever cares about me. I'm literally so unimportant.

"Why me? What did you do?" I ask. He must've done something so bad they want to hurt me to get back at him.

"I didn't do anything. It's about what you did."