Chapter 35

Amara- then
After the initial dates with the guys, I could do whatever I wanted with them. So the the last few weeks, I've been dating them really hard. It's purely for Matteo's sake, he's stressed , I've never seen him like this.

I dropped Blake after the first week when all he would really do is talk about Gio. I'm trying not to think about Gio at the moment and he's not helping.

Gio and I are trying hard to avoid each other and it's just making things obvious.

Gio payed for my consultation and my laser therapy for my scars. He drove me to all my appointments, stayed with me when he could and drove me home. He stayed with me for a few nights whilst I was healing but nothing ever happened. He sat beside me whilst I slept or tried to at least.

Getting rid of those scars has done so much for me, it was like those parts of me that were still tied to Angelo were now gone.

I could be me.

I could find out who I am.

"Put your hands behind your head and slowly turn around." Alessandro tells me.

He's coaching me through getting arrested. He's showing me how he arrests someone. It's actually quite fun.

When I turn to face him, hands behind my head I burst out into laughter. He laughs too.

He stands behind me and pushes me against the wall and cuffs me whilst doing that speech. You know the one.

"What the hell are you doing?" Gio asks. I glance over my shoulder as Alessandro pats me down.

"We're playing." I tell him. "He's arresting me." I add.

"For common assault." Alessandro adds before turning me back around.

"Right..." Matteo nods slowly.

"Can you uncuff me now? I don't like being tied up." I tell him.

"Sure." He nods and quickly takes the handcuffs off of me.

"You ready for me?" Alessandro asks Gio. Gio gestures to the office where I'm sure Jax is.

Alessandro kisses my forehead.

"Dinner tonight?" He asks.

"Sure." I smile, nodding up at him.

"Great, I'll pick you up at 8." He tells me. He walks into the office, Gio follows behind him.

"Dom!" Matteo shouts.

Dom rushes through the doors to where Matteo and I are stood outside of the boys office.

"Amara needs to go shopping." He sighs and slips me his card.

"You are the best brother ever." I kiss Matteo's cheek before rushing out to Don's car.

I sit in the back because apparently it's safer.

"Let's go shopping Dom! Are you excited?" I ask checking my phone. He doesn't answer, it's not often he answers my questions anyway.

****
I walk down the stairs where Alessandro (my date, not Gio's dad) and Matteo are talking.

When I get down the stairs, I do a little spin to show of my outfit.

My dress is white with a black bow across my chest. It's so pretty, when I saw it I had to buy it.

I paired it with a black purse and heels.

"You look amazing, very pretty." Alessandro smiles as I still.

"Thank you." I smile and glance over at Matteo.