Chapter 53

Amara- then
I catch glimpse of my ring as the diamond reflects off of the walls.

God I don't know what to do.

I can't marry Liam with these feelings for Gio. I can't.

I know I can't.

But if I wait for Gio and then he realises he doesn't want me I will go back to Liam and this won't go too well.

I don't know what to do.

"Are you ready Miss Ricci?" Dom knocks on my bedroom door.

"Yeah." I stand and check my makeup, outfit and hair in my mirror.

I look good, like always.

I grab my purse that I laid on the bed and follow Dom out of the house and to his car.

Dom and I don't talk much, we both just appreciate the silence.

He leads me into the restaurant and over to where Liam waits with our table.

Once I'm in my seat Dom wanders off so he's far enough away to hear us but also for us to not see him but also so he can assess the danger of the restaurant.

"Hey." Liam leans over the table to kiss my cheek.

"I ordered your favourite for you." Liam says as he pours me a glass of red wine.

"Thank you." I smile, sipping the wine.

"So my family are flying in on Friday to spend the weekend with us. They can't wait to meet you." He tells me.

Oh god this isn't good.

I give him a small smile.

"Was Matteo happy?" He asks.

I nod again, taking a sip of my wine.

I manage to just get Liam to ramble about the plans until our food came.

"Thank you." I say to the waitress and she smiles at us before leaving us alone.

"Are you okay?" Liam asks.

I glance down at my ring one more time. This is it right.

I shake my head.

What do I need to say?

"I haven't been 100% truthful with you this whole time." I admit to Liam.

He sits back in his chair, looking more worried now.

"What is it?" Liam asks looking genuinely confused.

"I really like Gio. I had been sleeping with him since Christmas and we stopped last week." I admit.

"Before or after I-"

"Before. The day before." I cut him off.

He nods.

We sit in silence, no one's reaching for their wine or their food. Just pure silence.

It's awkward and downright awful.

I never claimed to be a good person but this has got to be one of the worst things I've done.

"Why'd you stop?" He asks after a few minutes.

"Because he was upset that I hadn't considered him or his feelings." I admit.

"Right." Liam nods slowly. "And you still like him?"

"Yeah." I admit.

"Well then why did you say yes to me?" He asks crossing his arms.

"Because you are everything I was looking for." I tell him.

It's not a lie, he really is. It's just the fact that I really like Gio.

"I think you're a great girl Amara but if we want to move forward I just need you to promise me he won't be in your life anymore." Liam says.

That wouldn't be likely even if I wanted it to be.

Gio has always been in my life and will always be even if he doesn't want us to date.

Liam looks at me as he waits for my response.

"I'm so sorry." I say and he just shakes his head before getting up and heading over to our waitress.

He pays the bill and leaves.

I look around for Dom, he's stood behind the booth.

"You good?" He asks.

"Yeah let's just leave." I say.

Dom puts out his hand and helps me up and out of the booth.

"Matteo isn't going to be happy with you." Dom tells me leading me to the car.

"He never is." I say.

****
The door creaks open.

"What are you doing here Amara?" Liam sighs.

I take his key off of my key chain and slide it into his hand.

"I'm so sorry, in another life it really was you." I tells Liam as I slide off the engagement ring and hand it back to him.

"In another life." He agrees closing his fist with both his key and ring closed in it.

""You're really great and you deserve a lot better than me. I'd be to much for you. I love your simple life but I'm the furthest thing from simple you're gonna get." I admit to Liam.

He just nods.

I give him a smile then head down the hall where Dom is waiting by the lift.

"Another life Miss Ricci." He calls after me.

Maybe.