Chapter 41

Amara- Then
I'm stood holding hands with Liam in the foyer of the Ricci house.

The parents have officially left, well not my parents. Gio and Jax's parents.

That now means of course that Gio lives here to.

It's been a crazy week adjusting to a new routine. No parents I'm actively avoiding, only one person I'm dating, avoiding Gio like he has the plague. It's fairly easy, he's quite busy.

"Why are you just standing there?" Matteo asks me as he rushes down the stairs, a tall, slim blond behind him.

"We're waiting for you." I tell him.

He doesn't say anything else, just walks the girl over to the door, opens it then closes it once she's on the other side of it.

"Girlfriend?" I ask, hopefully, and he scoffs.

"Yeah right." He rolls his eyes before glancing over at Liam.

"How you doing, man?" He asks Liam. He adapted to this culture so quick.

"I'm good, you?" Liam asks and Matteo nods.

"Feel a lot better now." Matteo pulls his phone out of his pocket and then starts texting.

A few seconds later, Jax makes his way down the stairs, buttoning up his shirt. What the fuck is it with the people in this house?

He makes his way down the stairs and as he nears the bottom a girl appears at the top, holding everything she owns by the looks of it.

Jesus fucking Christ.

I groan and put my head on Liam's arm.

"Where's Gio?" Jax asks looking at me as if I know the answer.

He turns to Matteo and waits for an answer.

"He's not coming." Matteo flicks his eyes over to me.

"Why?" Jax asks. It's like he wants Matteo to say it out loud.

I hope he doesn't because I haven't told Liam yet.

"You know why." Matteo says with a raised eyebrow.

I turn to look up at Liam, we've fallen into a nice routine.

He goes to work, either brings food to me or he'll take me to his apartment where he cooks. Then we talk for a few hours, sometimes I stay at his place, most of the time I don't. Gio told me that Matteo doesn't get an ounce of sleep and is very anxious when I'm out of his sight so I try to be bare that in mind.

I like things with him, they're very steady.

"Let's just go." Jax rolls his eyes.

****
"So let's talk bigger things, let's talk the engagement and the wedding." Matteo says. My eyes widen and I choke on my wine.

We've officially been together less than a week.

Liam rubs my back and then looks up from me to Jax and Matteo, who are sat opposite us.

"I've already chosen the ring." Liam says. I sit straight and my eyebrows furrow as I look up at him.

What the fuck is going on?

"Well I've already got the ring, her dream ring in her size so it's probably better you use the once I chose." Matteo tells Liam.

Oh my fucking god.

"You'll propose June 10th." Matteo tells him.

No. For god sake no.

"Matteo." I say in a warning tone.