Chapter 21

Amara- then
"Well are you even trying?" Matteo asks as he runs a hand through his hair.

"Of course I'm trying." I groan.

"I'm not on about trying to get laid.  How is that going to help you find a husband?" He asks.

"I don't know." I shrug.

"You are not making this easy for me." He sits at the edge of my bed as I lay watching a movie.

Imagine how I feel.

"Okay." I say simply.

"I'm going to send you on a few dates with a few guys, figure out which one is better for you." He says and I groan.

"Don't be so dramatic." He rubs my head before standing.

"We're running out of time." He says and I scoff. We still have ten months left he's just being dramatic.

I'm running out of time.

"It will be okay, Matteo." I smile.

He groans but stands up.

"I hope so because I don't want you to go back to Italy." He smiles softly before leaving my bedroom.

I reach for my phone and immediately find Gio's contact.

Me- you still here?

It takes him less then 30 seconds to respond.

Gio- just leaving.

Me- so you don't want to hang? Shame, I look really good in red

I put my phone down and head over to my bedroom door to lock it.

I head over to my mirror just to check my hair and makeup.

Still look wonderful.

I know Gio will end up in this room at some point tonight.

I apply more red lipstick when there was a pounding on my bedroom door.

I smirk to myself, put my lipstick down and head over to my bedroom door.

I unlock it and swing it open.

"Everything okay?" I ask him sweetly as he just takes in my black robe.

"Hardly." He says before picking me up, wrapping my legs around his middle and diving straight in with his kiss.

I kick the bedroom door closed and pull back as I tell him to lock it.

Once it's locked he stumbles over to the bed and places me on it.

"You're not wearing red, liar." He says glancing back down at the robe.

"I don't lie." I lie as I tug at the string to open my robe.

I slip my shoulders out of the robe and watch as his eyes widen.

"Fuck." He says before closing his eyes and tilting his head up to the ceiling.

"What are you doing?" I laugh.

"Thanking my lucky stars." He says as he looks back down at me.

"You do look good in red." He kneels on the end of the bed, one knee between my legs.

"How good?" I ask reaching for his hand and tugging it down to touch me so he knows he absolutely can.

"100 out of ten." He tells me and I just smile. He's an ego boost.

He runs his palm over the top of my bra.

"That's good to know." I smile as I arch into his hand.

"Amara." He warns but I ignore him as I hook my leg round the back of his leg to pull him closer to me.