Chapter 46

Amara- Now
The day started out the way I'm pretty sure most 13 week pregnant people start out their day.

I woke up to Gio's face in front of me, but not in the good way.

"I'm tired." I groan.

"Come on baby." He drags me up so I'm sat up.

"Come on you can go back to sleep after." He tells me.

I give in and head straight to brush my teeth before getting into my gym clothes.

We head to our gym where I copy Gio as he does pregnancy safety workouts. It's just some calm yoga movements to keep me active and moving but safely.

We do this everyday, except for Sundays, to help my

After I workout we take a shower and I get dressed for the day.

I follow Gio to the kitchen where my breakfast is already ready to go. Fried egg and sliced avocado on top of toast, served with mango. It was yummy and had me feeling prepared for the day.

"Right I have to go to a meeting I'll be back as soon as I can, don't worry." Gio kisses my cheek.

I stand from the island to walk him to the door.

I freeze and grab his hand.

I know this feeling all too well.

"What is it?" Gio asks with worry and concern.

"Gio." I shake my head.

I grab his hand with both of mine and bend over to try and find a position that would relieve the pain.

Maybe this isn't what I know it is.

"Mon Coeur, you're bleeding." He tells me.

"Dr Han." I nod at him.

I slowly sink to the floor, Gio moves with me in attempt to aid me.

I turn on my side and pull my knees up to my chest slightly to help the pain.

Everything after that was pretty silent.

I couldn't hear what Gio was saying when he was on the phone, but he called multiple people.

Once he got off of the phone he tried to talk to me but I couldn't hear what he was saying.

We were so close.

This can't be happening.

Our appointment was in three days.

Gio moves me from the floor and to our bed. This bed has probably seen more blood than any other.

When my eyes open again, I don't believe the sight at first.

Gio was stood over the top of me crying whilst trying to hold on to me because we both know what's going to come next.

We can't get through this without a downfall.

Maybe we'll be stronger this time?

"I'm sorry." I attempt to say as I reach for Gio's face but my hand doesn't move and no words come out. I probably look stupid.

He looks so sad.

God I keep letting him down.

When Dr Han gets here, I close my eyes again I can't bare it, I don't want to know.

I already know but I really don't want to know the truth.

****
"Hey." Gio rasps as I look around confused.

"I moved you to the guest room till the maid could clean the mess." He shakes his head and looks down to wipe his eyes, trying not to let me see.

"I'm so sorry Gio." My voice only allows a whisper.

It's only now when I can look at him, I can barely look him in the eye but I do know that he looks older and so tired.

I'm ruining his life.

"It's not your fault." He tells me.

"What did Dr Han say?" I ask him, trying to sit up slightly.

"Just that she was sorry and that she thinks it's time we consider some other options." He tells me.

My ears begin to ring.

She now has no faith that I can have a baby.

I shake my head and I reach for Gio, not knowing it would be the last time I did.

He holds me in his chest and I hold him too.

Then for the first time we cry into each other.