Chapter 22

Giovanni- now

"Thank you." Amara threads her arm through mine as we leave the restaurant.

"Don't thank me." I tell her.

Since our conversation a few days ago everything isn't as tense, we're working through a lot but it's getting better.

She rolls her eyes but keeps her arm through mine.

"Rosie tried to call me earlier." She admits.

"Did you call her back?" I ask.

I look down at her as the wind wraps round her hair and she keeps looking down the path we're walking down.

"No." She sighs.

Amara has always found it hard to make girl friends and maintain them.

When she first met Lara, the pair of them were the only two girls in our lives and homes. They bonded really fast. Lara and Amara were really there for one another.

This whole baby put a strain on that relationship.

They don't call or text each other anymore.

Lara tries more than Amara does.

When Rosie came into the picture she was this broken little baby. She came out in herself and honestly it was good to see Rocco happy.

Rosie also never had any girlfriends and when she met the family, everyone loved her. Lara and Amara included.

Rosie and Amara have a special kind of friendship. It's actually kind of beautiful the more I think about it.

They kind of skipped friendship and went straight to sisters.

Rosie lost her mom and never had a sister, till Amara. Amara became that sister that Rosie needed.

Rosie calls Amara for anything and everything she needs, like when she first got her period or for makeup advice, it's really sweet.

"How come?" I ask.

"I haven't had the time yet, I text her and said I'd call her back later. I'll probably call her when we get back." She tells me and I nod.

"Matteo's with her, he sent me a selfie of the both of them." She admits.

"They're probably waiting for Rocco." I tell her and she nods.

She doesn't say much else on the way back to the apartment.

When we get to the apartment, I take her jacket and hang it up.

I head into the kitchen and open the wine fridge. I pull out a bottle of red and grab two wine glasses.

"Mon coeur." I call as I head back into the living room. She turns on the sofa so she can look at me.

I lean down beside her and kiss her cheek.

"Rejoins moi." Join me.

She slowly steps off of the sofa and follows me out to our balcony.

She sits on the chair beside me.

I pour her a glass of wine and leave it in front of her.

"You hate when I get drunk." She tells me.

I don't hate it but I very much don't like it. She goes one of two ways when she's drunk. One way is mean she can be so mean when she's drunk, the other way is horny. Now don't get me wrong I love my wife and I would happily have sex with her but it's literally just insane.

"I'm not trying to get you drunk." I tell her putting the wine bottle down. I'm really not.

She nods and slowly sips her wine.