Chapter 8

Amara- Now
"Do you wanna go for lunch?" Gio asks straight away once I've answered the phone.

"Hello to you too." I roll my eyes.

"Are you hungry?" He asks.

"Kinda." I glance around our bedroom.

"Great I'm leaving the office now be ready in about half an hour. We'll go out for lunch." He tells me and a smile meets my face.

"Like a date?" I ask.

It's been too long since we've gone on a date. We used to be really good at having date nights, but since Lara and Jax got pregnant. Let's not even go there. That announcement ruined a lot. We've been in a downward spiral since then.

"Absolutely. Put on your favourite diamonds. I'll see you in half an hour."

My chest grows warm. Like I said, it's been too long.

"Thank you." I whisper.

"Be ready." He ends the call.

I rush into my closet to put on a nice dress.

I put on a black dress with red roses on it and it ruffles around the hem at the bottom of the dress.

I then style my hair and put my jewellery on. My engagement and wedding ring then my tracing necklace that both Gio and Matteo track. It's super pretty it's a pink Safire and diamond pendent. It's so pretty. I style it with another necklace and then look for some heels. My black versace ones. Perfect.

Once I'm ready I grab a cute purse and head down the stairs.

"Just on time. You look beautiful." Gio says as he walks through the front door. I smile before reaching through my purse to out on some red lipstick.

"You ready now?" Gio asks as I slip it back into my purse.

"Definitely." I lean up to him and press a kiss to his lips.

Once I pull back there's lipstick staining his lips.

I let out a laugh before I start wiping his bottom lip.

"You did that on purpose." He accuses.

"You're so dramatic." I roll my eyes playfully.

"Let's go." He kisses my nose and I gasp.

"My makeup." I say pulling out a compact mirror from my purse and checking my nose.

It's fine, not screwed up.

"You're lucky this time." I tell him sliding the mirror back into my purse and linking my arm with his as we head to the garage.

"What car?" He asks looking at the row of them.

"Seeing as it's just lunch, the Porsche." I say and he just laughs.

"I knew you were going to say that." He says and grabs the keys to my Porsche. My Porsche was a birthday present from Gio and it's so beautiful and it's pink.

I climb into the passenger seat of my car and let Gio drive to wherever we're going.

"Have you had breakfast today?" He asks and I nod.

"I had some cereal." I admit and he smiles.

"Good." He reaches for my hand which he holds on my thigh as he drives.

****
I take Gio's hand and slip out of the car. He opened the door for me and put his hand out for me to take as I get out.

He closes the car door and then places his hand on my lower back as we walk towards a restaurant.