Chapter 50

Amara- now
I've been doing a lot of alone time. Matteo's been working and Gio doesn't live here anymore.

I have an inkling as to where I'd find him if I needed to.

I grab my bag off of the island and head to the garage.

I get in my Porsche and place my bag on my passenger seat.

I drive out of the garage and up to the security panel where Dom spends most of his time except for when I'm deemed as a danger to myself.

The gates don't open, I knew they wouldn't. He wouldn't just let me drive out.

It takes a second but there's a light knock on my window.

I roll the window down a bit to get a glimpse of Dom.

"Mrs Moretti." He greets.

"Good afternoon Dom." I smile at him.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"Maybe shopping, maybe for some lunch, I haven't decided yet." I tell him.

I've been in my room for days, I need to get out.

Maybe I'll grab some food and go for a drive.

Dom nods before coming around and getting in the passenger seat of my car.

"You won't even know I'm here." He says as he opens the gate with some button or whatever he uses I actually don't pay much attention.

****
Dom and I are sat opposite one another at some cafe I found half way to Manhattan.

"So have you heard from Gio?" I ask sipping my coffee.

"I talk to the boss, everyday." Dom says, not giving much more, he never really does.

I think he's my perfect body guard.

He lets me do what I want, to an extent. We pretty much stick to ourselves and like to be by ourselves. We don't do much talking, never have.

But we have a kind of relationship where he cares about me, I know he does, he knows he does and he enjoys his job for some weird reason.

"About me?" I ask.

"No, the weather." He says sarcastically.

Dom is this big bulky guy from Brooklyn, he thinks he's funny, I don't.

I roll my eyes at him.

"How is he?" I ask Dom.

"He still takes the night shift if that's what you mean." Dom says.

Dom stays with me throughout the day but when Gio is home for the night, Dom goes home. Gio was my protector and believed he was better suited for the role that Dom but he's busy and that's why he can only commit to nights.

Now according to Dom, Gio is here throughout the night when Dom goes home?

"Funny." I say sarcastically to Dom.

"I'm not joking." He says.

He is.

The look on Gio's face when I asked for a divorce. I have nightmares about it. I felt so bad, still do.