Chapter 28

Giovanni- Now
I knew I shouldn't of told her, I really shouldn't of.

She was going to find out eventually.

It's better she knows and is aware, so she can protect herself.

She's lying on her side of the bed. She's staring at the wall, she's got nothing to say, to anyone, even Matteo. The one person who pulls her back from this every time, she wouldn't let him in.

As much as I'd like to say I help her (which I do), Matteo is always the one to pull her back when she slips away. I don't know how he does it, but he does.

I used to be jealous that I couldn't help her the way he could, even though he's her brother.

I'm not jealous anymore, he's been there for her through the absolute worst years of her life, I came along later. He knows exactly how to help her.

Not this time. He's tried.

After I told Amara what was going on, she went into shock I want to say?

She became instantly numb and froze. I felt the difference in her once I explained. She wasn't okay.

Matteo came round straight away, he took her to bed whilst I took a business call.

I know it isn't ideal and as much as I would've preferred to be at Amara's side, I still have a mafia to run whilst Jax is out of town and I still have a company to run.

Once that call was over I was straight up to our bedroom.

She's been lying on her side, not facing my side of the bed, the other side.

Matteo was knelt in front of her face talking to her. He was rambling about god knows what. He was changing between languages a lot. One minute he was talking in English, then the tiniest bit of French he's picked up from us, then Italian.

The only time she looked like really understood what he was saying was when he was talking in Italian.

She never said anything, just met his eyes.

He left after about twenty minutes after I came in.

He pulled me aside and said he was worried, he's never not been able to talk to her.

That was about an hour ago.

"Mon coeur." I touch her arm.

"Per favore, non toccarmi." She whispers.

It breaks my heart a little.

I take my hand from her and just watch her. This hurts me.

I don't move from beside her. Not once.

She doesn't cry, she doesn't scream, she doesn't even look sad, just numb.

So when she rolls over a few hours later, I move so I'm eye to eye, chest to chest with her.

I already know what she needs.

I take my shirt off, then her's and her bra.

"I'm right here." I whisper as I move closer to her.

Chest to chest.

Skin on skin contact. She needs it. It helps her calm down and breathe.

"Mi dispiace. Vorrei non amarlo." She glances at me.

"Vorrei che tu fossi in giro quando avevo 14 anni." Me too, me too.

****
"Hey." I call him. He's surprised.

"Hi, everything okay?" He asks. I haven't spoke to him much recently, only when it involved work. So he's probably worried something bad has happened.

"Yeah." I nod.