Chapter 15

Amara- then
What do you even wear to a meeting with your fiancé. Ew. That felt disgusting.

Maybe I'll wear jeans? Skirt?

I don't know.

Matteo has already asked me to wear something appropriate, which is very subjective.

I put on a cropped sweatshirt and a black leather skirt. This is really casual for me. I'm not loving this sweatshirt.

I decide to just suck it up.

I do my hair and makeup as best as I can with all the stuff I have available.

I put my heels on and head downstairs,

Everyone turns to look at me, and I mean everyone.

Where's Matteo?

"Um, hi." I say looking around them.

"Hi." Gio waves me over.

I walk over to him and he taps the seat beside him, I quickly just sit down.

"Have you seen Matteo?" I ask and he nods.

"He's at your parents place. Telling them your moving." He tells me.

Thank god. I don't have to tell them because Matteo is telling them for me so I can avoid the fallout there, if there is any.

"You hungry?" Gio asks before taking a bite of some pastry.

"Oh I'm okay, thank you." I tell him.

"Do you want some juice. Your having juice." He pushes a glass of orange juice in my direction.

"Oh. Uh... thanks." I say before sipping the juice.

"Amara!" Gianna, Gio's mom, smiles before hugging me.

"Hi." I give her a smile before taking a sip of my juice.

"You look amazing, completely different from last time. God I would never have recognised you." She kisses my cheek.

What do you even say to that.

"Thank you." Is that the right thing to say?

She turns to start talking to Gio when thankfully Matteo shows his face. Thank god!

"Hi, you good?" He asks and I nod.

"How'd it go?" I ask and he just shrugs.

"Could've gone worse." He takes a pastry and starts eating it.

"You've got lunch reservations in the city so we're going to have to leave soon." With who?

"With who?" Gio asks.

"That doesn't matter right now." Matteo says.

"Santino." I say and Matteo sighs.

"Yes but I'll walk you through it." Like that makes me feel any better.

Oh I'm done. Get me to New York already.

"Is that really smart?" Gio asks.

"No but a contract has been signed so we've got to find a loop hole. Now if your don't mind us, we've got to drive into the city." Matteo gestures for me to follow him.

I slip off of the stool, saying goodbye to Gio and following Matteo to his car.

****
I'm going to throw up on Matteo, then on Santino and probably on myself.

"Amara, Matteo." Santino smiles between us both. He shakes Matteo's hand before kissing my cheek.

There's only one chair at his table, well there's two. But only one for Matteo and I.

The Harsh lifeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara