Chapter 36

Amara- Now
I walk out of my closet and then glance over at Gio.

"You look beautiful." He tells me.

"God I feel so sick." I press a hand to my stomach.

I'm not pregnant, just really nervous and anxious.

He makes his way over to me and presses a kiss to my lips.

"We'll be okay." He kisses me again.

I take a seat on the bed and let Gio out my heels on for me. Once he does the first, he taps me calf before turning to the other. Once he's done that one go, he taps my calf before standing and pulling me up with him.

He kisses me again and he's got that stupid grin on his face. It's not stupid, it just means he's happy and I love that grin.

"My mom called this morning." I tell him. I feel sick.

I've been on edge anyway, knowing what's about to come but when she rang.

"I didn't answer." I quickly told him.

"I thought you wanted to block them?" He raises an eyebrow.

"I'm scared." I admit in a whisper.

"Do you want to?" He asks and I nod. "Do you want me to do it for you?" He asks.

I quickly grab my phone out of my purse and hand it to him.

He knows my password and has face recognition on my phone anyway.

He scrolls on my phone for a bit and then his jaw tenses. He's reading her texts. She sent me a few nasty text messages this morning after I didn't answer her seven phone calls.

"Can you just block her?" I ask him. He doesn't answer and doesn't reply. He doesn't move his fingers either so I know he's still just reading them.

It takes him a few minutes till he lets out a sigh.

"Amara this is so sad. You really let her talk to you like this?" He asks me. Like it's easy.

"It's the only way she's ever spoke to me," I admit and he shakes his head. He starts swiping and tapping then he hands it back to me.

"Gone." He confirms.

"Thank you." I whisper. I feel uneasy right now.

"Mon Coeur." He sighs and shakes his head.

"Please don't, I can't talk about this and then go there. It's one or the other." I make my way over the mirror and check myself over.

I am beautiful.

I look so beautiful.

Oh what is th- No!

I turn to Gio for another compliment, I need to feel good.

"You don't need my reassurance." He says reaching for my hand. "You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. No one compares to you." He tells me.

I look in the mirror again and nod before avoiding them.

I'm happy today, today is a happy day.

****
I don't move.

Not until Gio rounds the car and takes my hand. He guides me out of the car and closes the door behind me.

I look up at the house that holds so many memories of Gio and I. This was where we basically lived together for the first time.

As we get to the door, Alfred opens it for us and invites us into the foyer.

"Mr and Mrs Moretti, so nice to see you again. The Fernandez- Ricci's are in the day room." He informs us.