Chapter 32

Giovanni- Now

""You landed already?" I ask checking the time. He's not due to land for another two hours.

"I wish. Lara's in labour." He tells me.

Shit already? I thought we had longer than we do.

"How far out are you?" I ask him, already knowing it's about two hours.

Since what happened to Lara and Alannah, we track one another's planes, it's safe and smart.

"About 2 hours." He tells me.

"Fuck." I say under my breath. That's enough time for her to give birth if it's quick.

"How is she?" I ask.

Can't be a nice feeling.

"Gio. No one knows what we're doing." He tells me. Fucked it.

"Shit Jax. She's not even due for what? Another month?" I ask. They were coming home exactly a month before her due date so that if the baby came early they come be prepared.

I don't even think they've set up a room for the baby in his house.

"November 12th." He tells me the exact date.

"Fuck man." I tell him and he lets out a sigh.

"Look, when I land. I need you and Amara here to take Alannah. I also need an ambulance, some doctor, something here to come on and help her. To get them to a hospital. Can you sort that for me?' He asks.

"I can. I'll see you when you land." I tell him. He ends the call and I start making a bunch of calls.

I probably shouldn't take Amara with me to see them.

She's only just started talking.

When I told her I killed the two guys after her she didn't really say anything.

The next day though, she started talking a bit more and eating.

It was nice to see.

"What's wrong?" Amara asks from my office door. I haven't left a lot recently. I'm worried about her.

"Nothing. You okay?" I stand and make my way over to her.

I put my hands on either side of her face and kiss her.

"I'm okay. You don't need to lie. I'm not going to fall apart." She turns to place a kiss to my hand.

"It's Lara." I tell her. She raises an eyebrow. "They recon the baby is coming."

"Already?" She asks. Her eyes are wide and she's nodding. "Are they sure it's not braxton hicks?" She asks.

I have no idea what that is.

"Contractions, false labour pain." She tells me.

"They're pretty adamant. They've got about two hours left. Jax thinks he might have to deliver the baby themselves." I tell her.

"Wait." She pulls back from me.

"They're on a flight back to New York for Lara's maternity leave. Remember they said they want to do her maternity leave here?" I ask.

"I don't listen to a thing Jax says." She tells me.

Uh fair.

"I hope he doesn't have to deliver the baby." She tells me and I nod. Me too.

"He asked us to have Alannah." I tell her. She nods.

"Of course." She nods. She loves Alannah.

I love Amara, I hope my daughter is like her. If we ever get one.