Chapter 17

Giovanni- then

That feels so much better.

Home sweet home.

"Nothing quite like it." I say nudging Jax but he just rolls his eyes and ignores me.

I glance around at all the family on the tarmac. There's a lot of people here.

Me, my two parents, Jax, his two parents and then Matteo and Amara.

Matteo is looking around, so is Amara.

You can't see much from the tarmac but they're both in awe.

I step foot in Amara's direction as she drops her bag.

She quickly kneels down to pick up the contents, I fall in line to help her.

"Oh, thanks." She smiles as she slowly stands back up again.

She looks incredible considering the long flight. I didn't see her much on the place, apparently she was quite scared so her and Matteo hung out in one of the bedrooms to watch a movie whilst Jax and I were in another room doing pretty much the same. Our parents were towards the front of the plane, all hanging out together. Well not Amara and Matteo's parents.

"Did you enjoy the flight?" I ask and she shrugs.

"Haven't decided yet." She smiles as she heads in Matteo's direction.

I watch as he folds her under his arm and rubs his knuckles against her head. She curses him out in Italian whilst slapping his arm.

I watch as the suitcases get hurled into my Jeep and I almost cry in delight when I see it.

Oh how I've missed my good old Jeep.

"You guys coming with us?" I ask the twins as I make my way over to the Jeep.

"I'm assuming so." Matteo scoffs before opening the car door for his sister to climb in. Once she's in he shuts the door for her and then turns around to me and Jax who's behind me.

"New York, New York aye?" He laughs.

"Keep your beady little eyes off of my little sister." He stops laughing and points in my face.

Before I can defend myself, well lie, he's climbing into the other side of the Jeep himself.

"Busted." Jax says from behind me with a laugh before heading towards the passenger seat.

"Shut up."'I tell him before getting into my seat.

"Are you guys ready to go home?" I ask as I turn my car on. I kiss the wheel and put my seatbelt on.

Amara let's put a loud laugh from the back seat and I glance back at her through my mirror as I start driving to Jax's house.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

"I liked that you kissed your wheel, I've never seen anyone do it before. Sorry." She says and turns to look at the window.

Before I can tell her that she didn't need to apologise, she's shouting for Matteo to look out the window at the bus.

Matteo sends me a glare before pointing out a bridge, not even the 'big' ones, just a normal bridge.

"We're going to have a lot of fun here Matteo." She tells him and I glance over at Jax who now has a permanent glare on his face.

****
"Yeah!" I shout that night from Jax's room.

Jax is talking to his dad so I'm just chilling in his room before making the journey home.