Chapter 33

Amara- then
"You left me." I cry.

"You left me emotionally, months ago." He points out.

"Because you hurt me!" I yell.

"You wanted it!" He yells back.

"I didn't. I trusted you and you're carving into me like I'm a fucking pumpkin." I shout.

"You wanted it." He reminds me.

Before I can argue back he kisses me.

"I'm going to get a drink, when you are calm, come and talk to me downstairs." He shakes his head and heads downstairs.

I can't do it anymore. It's all to much, it's overwhelming.

Don't take him back.

I tie my hair up and I just keep looking at myself on the mirror.

"You're not property." I tell myself.

I change out of my uniform and into some sweatpants and a hoodie.

I look around my room for anything that's his that I may have here. Nothing.

I head downstairs.

There's gasping and moaning heard as well as my crying.

I stay hidden on the stairs and listen to my pleads.

"You're fucking sick." Matteo speaks up.

"Yeah well." I hear Angelo say.

"No it's not. Do you know the amount of times I've had to clean up everyone else's messes and protect her. Do I really need to protect her from her dads best friend?" Matteo asks.

I'm going to throw up.

"There's no need, we'll be gone by next Thursday." My birthday.

"Where you going?" Matteo asks.

"I'm going to take her far away from here, your parents are shit to her. I want her to be happy."

He's still watching that stupid sex tape.

I hate it.

He made me watch it a few months ago and I cringed so hard. I was barely awake for half of it. When I say I couldn't handle it, I mean it. I was in and out of consciousness and I was a mess. I cried the whole way through it. I don't understand how anyone can watch it and find it hot.

The two other guys from that night? Two of my dad's best friends. They're always at the house.

"Will you turn this off. I don't want to listen to her cry." Matteo says.

"Look kid-"

"Don't you kid me, I'm minutes older than her so if I'm a kid so is she and that makes you eligible for jail." Matteo says.

"Next week me and your sister are going to go far, far away and we aren't coming back. She loves me and she isn't going to do anything to upset me. She literally can't refuse me. Literally."

"You aren't taking her anywhere." Matteo tells him.

"I've already brought the house and the ring, she's coming." No I fucking ain't.

"I'm not going." I announce as I stand close to Matteo. "Please turn that off." I cringe.

He paused the tv and looks up at me.