Chapter 51

Giovanni- then
"Have you seen this?" I ask slamming down the invite to the ball on his desk.

It's not a bad thing, it's just something we aren't used to.

"I have." Jax tells me, glancing at it.

"Are we going?" I ask.

If he's had an invite from the Brazil lot and there's a chance we're gonna see Lara and Alannah, we're going.

"Yeah. I've already RSVP'd." He tells me.

"Great." I say sarcastically.

"Have you seen Matteo yet? God." He sighs. "She got engaged and he hasn't left her side since, I thought this meant she'd spend more time with Liam."

I shrug, not really wanting to get into it.

"How's that crush on her going?" He asks me.

"Gone." I tell him.

It's a lie but I'm good at pretending.

"Good, do you think she'll ask us to be bridesmaids?" Jax asks as he starts signing something.

"No." I scoff. I'd turn it down even if she did.

"When are they getting married? Do you know?" Jax asks.

"No clue." I tell him.

I'm staying away from all things Amara and weddings.

"Cool." Jax nods, going back to his files.

I pick up my files and start working on them.

****
"Gio!" Matteo shouts.

I turn around to see Matteo poking his head out of his room.

He glances back in his room and then shuts the door and heads towards me.

"Can I talk to you?" Matteo asks.

I lead him into my room and sit on my chair as he starts to pace.

"Amara told me about the thing that happened between you two." He admits to me.

Well fuck.

"We were just sleeping together. She's engaged now and I've stepped away." I tell Gio.

"If you like my sister and think you can marry her, tell me. I'd rather if you know you can be the man I'm looking for, you tell me. But if you won't love her and care for her and be that man I need you to avoid her and never talk or see her again." Matteo tells me.

He's giving me the chance now.

"I care for your sister, but I don't know if I'm what people want me to be." I admit.

Everyone keeps telling me I'm not enough for her and with the way she's been acting recently it's gonna take longer than a few seconds to decide if I want her or not.

"Are you sure?" Matteo asks me with a raised eye brow.

"No im not sure!" I roll my eyes.

"One minute you tell me I'm not worthy enough to marry her so I can't give her a choice. Now you're stood in front of me, after she's already engaged with a wedding date set, telling me if I want to be that somebody now is the time." I tell Matteo.

It's true, between him and Jax it's so annoying and unfair.

How would they know what I wanted?

"Okay." Is all Matteo says.

He heads towards my bedroom door.

He stops when he gets to the door handle.

"Liam is a great guy, and he's good for her, but I think you're better for her based on what she's told me. Don't screw Liam around, you both need to figure out what you want." Matteo says before leaving my bedroom and heading back to his own where Amara is probably hiding.

For fuck sake.

****
I make my way into Amara's bedroom, there's no point in knocking.

Amara's bed is made, her room is clean. I'm not even too sure she's here.

She spends a lot of time with Liam. But when she's having a rough time she'll sleep in with Matteo for a better nights sleep.

You wouldn't think she was here if you didn't notice the obvious signs. She never goes anywhere without her phone, which is face down on her bedside table.

It's also before 5 so she'd be here whilst Liam is working, unless he took time off to celebrate with her.

Their wedding is set for late September, before the weather really turns into autumn. She wanted a summer wedding, that's what she'll have.

She comes out of her closet, putting in her earrings. I feel as though we're always meeting like this.

"I don't want to talk to you." She says to me. Shouldn't I be saying that to her?

"We should talk though." I say closing her bedroom door behind me.

"I have nothing to say." She says.

"You're engaged." I tell her as if she doesn't know.

"You left me naked in an apartment in the middle of the night!" She turns around so she's facing me.

"You said I was never an option!" I throw my hands up in the air.

She doesn't say anything, just looks me up and down.

"Are you saying you want to be an option?" She asks.

"I did." I tell her. She sits down and crosses one leg over the other, her eyes never leaving mine.

"Okay, did. So what do you want now?" She asks waiting for me to tell her directly what I want.

"I don't know, maybe just give me some time to figure it out." I tell her.

Truthfully I don't know what I want.

"Okay." She nods.

I turn to head back to head to the door when she calls my name.

I wait for her to tell me that this is what she wants too, but she doesn't. She doesn't give me an indication that she wants me.

"I think you should know that I finally slept with Liam." She tells me. I don't know if she's doing it to attempt to hurt me or what, but I do know that it's pissed me off.

"How was it?" I ask watching her eyes for a reflection of her truth.

"He wasn't you." Is all she says.

She either means I 'can show her a better time then him' or 'she wants me more than she wants the life he's offering her'.

I take her uncertainty and leave the room to head to work.