Chapter 19

Amara- then
"How old are you?" He asks directly into my ear.

"22." I lie.

"Oh fun." He kisses my jaw.

"He thrusts his hand into my hair and pulls me to meet his lips.

"Mhm." He hums against my lips.

"Do you want to come back to my place?" He asks and before I can answer I'm being tugged away from him.

"Hey what the hell?" The guy shouts.

I turn back to look at which one of them stopped me. It's one of the two, Jax normally doesn't really care.

Gio.

"Come on, let me take you home." He says and I shake my head in defiance.

"Amara." He says and I groan and shake my head.

Since I got to New York about a month ago, I haven't hooked up with anyone. I'm going insane. Every time I've gone to someone interferes.

"Gio please don't." I whinge.

"No." He says glaring at the guy.

"Who's the guy, Gianna?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"Her boyfriend." Gio lies. Oh for god sake he just had to go there didn't he.

"He's not." I tell him.

"Oh no, I am and if you so much as touch her again I'll bury you." Gio tells him.

The guy glances between us and then nods.

"Whatever." He says and moves along to the next girl.

"Let's go." Gio grabs my wrist and drags me with him out of the bar.

"No." I whine.

I try to stand my ground but it doesn't work at all, instead he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder.

"The double standards." I mutter and roll my eyes.

"There are no double standards." Gio says as his Jeep comes into view.

"Thanks Dom, I've got it from here." He says to that big beefy guy that is apparently my new body guard, before we get to his car.

He slides me into the passenger seat and then puts the seatbelt on for me before giving it a little tug to make sure it's secure.

"Careful." He warns as he closes the door to the car and heads round to his side to get in.

Once he gets in I turn so I'm positioned away from him. I'm so annoyed.

Every single one of them go around in the evenings, hooking up with others but the second I want to do it it's another story.

They've successfully got me every single time just before we're about to leave.

It's driving me insane.

"Come on Amara." He reaches for my knee in attempt to pull me to look at him.

I just ignore him and focus on the window.

"Amara." He says in a warning tone.

No ignore him.

He is literally causing all your problems recently.

"Look I'm sorry." He apologises and I scoff.

"Yeah right." I roll my eyes.

"How many times are we going to do this?" He asks before pulling over.

"Doing what?" I ask with squinted eyes.