Anusha (Part-1)

Writer's pov:
Anusha was waiting in a doctor's cabin whom her professor suggested. She is a 3rd year medical student and she was diagnosed with a small intestine disease.

Earlier she left it but she started having more symptoms and now she was left with no option so she enquired and booked an appointment with a famous doctor.

Her parents are living far away and she doesn't want to upset them so she didn't inform anyone about her condition.

The doctor entered the room who was in his late twenties and looked like a complete nerd. He smiled at her and sat in his chair.

"Hi, I'm Sunil So Professor Gilbert called and explained about your case and I saw your reports too. You can ask me about your doubts or anything about this?" he talked politely.

"Well hi, thank you for your help. I just want to know about the treatment plan" she said while fidgeting with her fingers. He noticed her nervousness.

"As you know already, high dose medicines are enough to cure this. First I would like to start with a blood test and proceed with the medicine slowly" he explained.

"So how many days stay here" she asked.

"Depending on your improvement but minimum 15 days you have to be admitted here" he stated.

"Ohh, so about the side effects?" she gulped without knowing how he will react for this question.

"Yeah, to be honest you may get heavy fever in the middle of the treatment, dizziness, tired like you couldn't even stand, nauseous and even vomiting but you don't have to worry about this. I will take care of that" he replied more calmly.

She didn't prepare for anything but she couldn't leave it either.

"Okay, Shall we proceed now?" she asked shocking him.

"Now? Do you have someone to look after you?" he was amused.

"Yeah, I already packed few things up. I kept it outside. No, my parents are living in another state so they can't come now" she murmured.

"What about your college then?" he asked still having so many questions to ask her.

"Semester exams are in next month so we have a month leave" she stated.

He wanted to ask further because he knew that she couldn't be able to study more in these periods but he shrugged it off.

"Fine" he replied and called a nurse.

Soon after the process, she was admitted in a room. The nurse left the room and Sunil entered the room.

He took a syringe and alcohol pad. He tied the band around her hand. Her hand is not firm so he looked at her who was turning her head away.

"Needle fear?" he asked. She nodded her head immediately. He sighed as he was going to have a very tough time with her.

He held her hand firm with one hand and slided the needle in. She flinched her body away but luckily he held her hand tightly.

"So I will prescribe two doses tonight. After seeing the blood result, we will decide about how many doses per day" he said while pulling the needle out and rubbed her skin.

"Is there any other way I can go around without having shots?" she asked. For the first time, he felt that whether she is a medical student or not.

"You already does know the answer for this question. Well, no other option" he replied. She also knows that it will be more painful than the normal shots.

"Yeah, still I wanted to ask. Thank you" she replied sadly.

"Okay, take rest. If you want something, just call me or press this button" he said and moved out. He continued his work.