Arjun & Mythili

Arjun's pov

We both have been married for 6 months and my wife is an entrepreneur like me. She runs a restaurant which is successful and it's developing more day by day because of her hard work.

As usual when I came back from my office, I saw my wife standing near the mirror, back facing me.

"Baby I am home" I told back hugged her, which resulted in a high pitch painful scream from her.

I took my hands immediately.. "what happened baby... Anything wrong" I asked concern and panic lacing my voice.

"Noth-nothing Arjun..I was scared" she replied but it was not the truth. Her face was not looking normal. Her eyes were filled with tears of pain.

"Baby you should tell now what happened with you.. why are you crying"

"Arjun its nothing... its Just sprain" she pointed her left arm.

I looked at her arm and gasped. It was double the size of its normal size. Added to the dismay, she was wearing a full sleeve top, which has now become so tight due to swelling.

I tried to touch her arm, but she jerked away from me.

"What happened Mithu...did you fell somewhere"

"Hmm... When I was climbing the stairs, I slipped.. I should have balanced on this hand I guess" Mythili told wincing.

I checked her hand without moving it much. I know it's fractured and I should take Mythili to hospital immediately. But if I say that aloud, she will scream 5 times more than she already did. She hate hospitals and moreover hate needles.

"Ok ok we shall go to hospital and check your hand baby. We shall get some pain killers right. Chal baby (come)" I tried to coax her.

"No Arjun. Its just sprain. This pain will go away in the morning." She told and tried to go to the bed. But before that I picked her up and went to my car.

She was screaming to leave her and asking my mom and dad to come for help. But I told them what's wrong, they offered to come with us. We all piled into our car, my dad drove the car towards the hospital, why I held Mithu to my chest.

"Arjun I am ok.. the pain has reduced now. Please .. we shall go back home. Mom(my mother) tell Arjun please." Mithu tried again.

"Mithu we will hear that from doctor." I told in my stern voice.

"Dad(my dad) please please... I will tell the truth dad. We shall go back home please" she asked my dad with her best puppy eyes.. My dad is her saviour many times. She is his god-daughter. Sometimes I wonder, I am his son or she is his daughter.

"Mithu dear, I know you don't like hospitals.. that doctor is my friend, I will tell him strictly to not give you injection.. ok pakka, right?" He told convincing her.

"Yeah dear, we are with you na don't worry" Mom told.

We reached the hospital and after short wait we have been called inside. I made Mithu sit in the patient stool and I stood beside her, holding her shoulders to comfort her.

"What makes you all come here today" the doctor, my dad's friend asked in a friendly manner.

Dad explained him how she fell and everything. Mithu was holding my hand in dead grip, even before the doctor could come near her.

He asked Mithu to keep her left arm straight. She tried but she couldn't do that, instead there was big fat tears rolling down her cheeks.

"It looks like she has fractured her hand. Let's see after taking X-ray" doctor told making Mithu cry more. I know this is coming, but seeing her cry broke my heart.