Deepika

Deepu's pov:

       I am a doctor working in a hospital since last year. I am engaged with my lover who is also a chief doctor in the same hospital.

We started loving each other when I joined as his intern. He talked to my parents few months ago and they accepted our love.

I went to the hospital early to check my 10 year old patient's growth. She just had a heart surgery two days ago. I don't even ate my breakfast in a hurry. I thought to eat at canteen with my friends.

I went to her room and she was awake already. I smiled at her and checked her vitals. She is not cured till. She has been scheduled for another surgery this evening so I need to check her between every hour.

"Did you ate anything?" I asked sitting beside her. She shook her head negatively. I only asked her mom to not give anything before I take her blood. So I just smiled at her and took the needle.

She immediately looked at me all scared. I too don't want to give her any pain since she endured lots of pain from the last week. I don't know how did a 10 year old kid handled all those injections and surgeries. Sometimes I hate my job.

I patted her cheeks and said, "Don't worry dear. Just two more days and then you can go home happily. Now, close your eyes for me and think about what are all the foods you want to eat when you go home. Okay?" She nodded her head and closed her eyes.

I slowly took the needle and pierced in her already bruised arm. She immediately winced and opened her eyes. Her eyes are teary and I removed the needle. I throw the needle immediately to the table and hugged her slowly.

I remained silent for few minutes and later separated from her. I stood and asked her mom to give her something to eat.

My head immediately started spinning making me immediately grab something. I grabbed something which I don't aware off and get hold on myself.

Her mom held me and asked about me. I closed my eyes tightly and felt my head stopped rolling. I opened my eyes, thanked her and went out.

I hardly slept last night because of some hospital works. So I thought to sleep now. I went to the on-call room. I put an alarm for an hour and slept with my heavy tiring body.

Vicky's pov:
          I went to the hospital to start my shift. I searched for Deepu since I didn't saw her from yesterday because of my busy schedule.

I asked the nurse about her and she informed me that she was in the on-call room. Maybe she too had a tiring day yesterday.

She is under my service from the past week for that little girl. I assigned her to check her for every hour today so I thought to continue my work.

Two hours passed and still I didn't heard anything from her. So I went to check my patient who was that little girl.

I went to her room and saw her lying on the bed tiredly. I went towards her smiling and she too smiled at me. I checked her reports and Deepu signed lastly before two hours.

"When was her doctor visited lastly?" I asked to her mom.

"Morning doctor, she took her blood and asked me to give her something to eat. That's it" she replied. I became angry suddenly thinking that what is more important to her than this work.

I thanked them and went out to search her. I asked the nurse to prepare her blood report before I come back again to her room.

I entered into the oncall room and saw that she was sleeping inside a fully covered blanket. I went towards her and removed her blanket. She was sweating heavily and I touched her forehead with my back hand. She was burning.