Akhil & Anu

Same characters but the situation is different and it's not the continuation of the previous chapter. If you have doubts, you can ask me

Akhil's pov:
    I woke up feeling Anu shift her body lightly. I held her tightly like my life depends on her. Yes, it is true because she is pregnant with my baby. I touched her huge bump feeling my baby. It's her eighth month checkup today. The same friend Akshaya is treating her.

She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me. I know what that look meant. I kissed her cheeks and hugged her without affecting her belly.

I went to bath after few minutes and came back watching her. She was still on the bed and acted like sleeping. I went and sat beside her.

"Wake up young lady. I know you are awake. I don't know how you gonna handle our kids who will be more smart than you" I said touching her hands. She slowly rubbed her eyes and turned towards me.

"Akhil, I don't want to come. It's just two months and I am already scared about that." she mumbled.

"Exactly, just two months. Then you will be set free. I have work Anu, don't make me wait otherwise go with mom" I said sternly. She glared at him.

"You are the worst husband ever. If your work is more important than me, then you can go and I too won't go for any checkups" she whined.

"I know how you play your cards so don't use it on me. Get ready fast" I said and went out to meet my mother.

When I was eating, I got a call from hospital that they need me for some emergency so I asked my mom to take Anu to hospital. I went immediately out without even completing my breakfast.

I ran inside the hospital immediately making all nurses look at me. I walked to the ER and saw 3 patients lying on the bed fully covered with blood. It's some car accident. My fellow doctors treated the two patients while I treated an old man.

It took me more than two hours to make him stable and bring him back to his sense. I came out after the procedure. Soon, a nurse ran towards me.

"Sir, your mom and wife are waiting in your room" she said following me. I sighed. Mom could have taken her to checkup, I don't know why they are waiting for me.

I walked to my room fastly because her appointment time is gonna over soon. I opened my room and saw both my mom and my wife sitting on the couch.

"Why are you waiting for me? You could have taken her for checkup right? It's already late" I shouted.

"Your wife wants only you. What can I do then? We are simply sitting here for more than an hour and she is still resisting to come with me" mom said making me angry.

Anu just held her head down. Whatever we say, this mother and daughter-in-law fights won't end. Sometimes they act like real mom and daughter thing but the exact opposite sometimes.

"Okay, I will take her. You go home mom." I said and she glared at me like I always support my wife than her. She went. I moved to Anu and sat beside her. I know she needs some energy before I take her.

"What is wrong with you Anu? Why didn't you go with mom?" I asked her rising her chin up. Her eyes are ready to shed any moment.

"I am scared Akhil. When I went with her last time, she didn't even comforted me and she acted rudely when I cried because of the pain. I.. I just want you" she whispered slowly letting her tears fall.

"She didn't know anything of that sort. You would have told her about comforting you. It's okay, leave it. Come" I said already stood up. She looked at me.