Thanu (Part-2)

Ajay's pov:

          Her breathing is stopped. I signalled the doctor to pause. She is crying hardly without even breathing. I sat in the floor while placing her on my lap. She is holding my collar as her life depends on it and still crying.

"Thanu, thanu, relax. Breathe baby. It's over" Shreya said patting her cheeks lightly. Her sobbing is reduced a bit now. The doctor handed me a water bottle. I opened and took near her mouth but she pushed it away.

"You need to relax honey. Drink this first" I said again giving it to her. She drank one sip and pushed my hand away.

After 5 minutes of her continuous sobbing, she is now relaxed a bit. The doctor looked at me so I stood up with Thanu who is looking like a crying mess.

I hugged her again trying to hold her still. "Please, no. Let me free" she whispered inbetween her hiccups.

"Just one more baby" I said kissing her forehead. The doctor wiped and punctured her making her scream again. She is shivering in her place because of the pain. She is going to get a fever again because of this non-stop crying. The doctor pulled out the needle and rubbed her. Now, she is shaking in my embrace and sobbing loudly.

"The stinging will be there for few hours. If it's more, rub her with a cloth soaked in a hot water and bring her tomorrow compulsorily because this is not a joke thing. She will get the fever again if she don't get the remaining injections. Give her liquid items more and rest" The doctor told us. We nodded in agreement.

Shreya bought the tablets from her and we all went to a hotel with a still crying Thanu. Now, she is resting on Shreya's lap in a backsheet of the car.

After we reached, we layed her on bed but she turned her body with full force and layed on her stomach. I think it's so painful. So I asked Shreya to rub her with a hot water. She nodded and went to take all the things.

I sat beside her and rubbing her head slowly so that she can get sleep fastly. Her cheeks are stained brightly. After few minutes, Shreya came with a hot water and a cloth so I moved outside the room.

Within 2 minutes, Shreya came outside looking at me.

"She is not letting me do it, Ajay. She is crying" she said sadly. I walked with her inside to see she is already crying in her position.

I sat beside her and signalled Shreya to continue. The moment the cloth touched her stinging body, she started screaming again and trying to wake up but I held her still.

"No, no please Ajay. I can't handle this. Leave me" she said cracking her voice.

"Just few minutes baby. Then you can sleep peacefully" I said holding her. She is wincing and crying all over the entire process. We let her to sleep and she slept silently. I don't know how we are going to manage her tomorrow.

After few hours, I went to wake her up for dinner. She is still burning. She opened her red puffy eyes slowly and looked at me.

"What you want for dinner? Get up" I said sitting beside her. She shook her head slowly.

"You need to eat something otherwise it won't reduce" I said caressing her cheeks. She slowly satup in the bed and looked at me.

"Ajay, I don't want to go tomorrow. Please, I can't handle the pain again." she whispered. I don't think her fever will reduce with this scaring thoughts.

"Then how will your fever reduce? We need to packup tomorrow and moreover, I can't face your mom if you have a fever like this" I said slowly trying to make her understand.

"I will talk to her. Please Ajay, I will do anything but not this. I beg you Ajay please" she is not even understanding us.

"We will see Thanu. If your fever got reduce in the morning, then we don't have to go. Okay?" I just want to make her relax so I lied. She pouted her lips.

Shreya entered the room with a bowl in her hand. She smiled at us.

"You awake? Okay, come on eat this" she said and sat beside her while I stood and moved to the nearby coach.

"No, I don't like to eat anything" she said looking down. I sighed when Shreya looked at me.

"You have to eat baby. It's just soup so you don't feel anything. It will give you energy" Shreya said while taking the spoon to her lips.

She didn't even eaten half the bowl but started whinning to stop.

"What is wrong with you? You are literally behaving like a child who needs special attention everytime." I said laughing at her. She glared at me.

"Tell me you both won't take me tomorrow to that cruel lady, then I will eat" she said still holding the same point. Shreya looked at me with her wide eyes.

"Why are you looking at me, Shreya? She is your best friend, you know her better than me." I said.

"I know.... But Thanu don't think about that. It will be fine" Shreya said pressing a wrong button.

"No, it won't. I didn't even handled today and you both don't even know the pain I experienced. I can't take it more, so please Shreya atleast you support me" she again started.

I sighed. "We will see about it tomorrow, now just eat otherwise you will again fall sick and then more needles. It's your wish" I said standing up. She looked at me in wide eyes. I left the room.

After few minutes, Shreya came out of the room and showed me the empty bowl. I smiled thinking about her. I gave her tablets and she slept.