Maya

Maya's pov:

         I am 22 years old and I am still doing my PG in an University. My hubby is a doctor and we are going to have a love come arrange marriage soon.

Last week, I hitted my knee in a stool accidentally and left it go. I don't want to make it as a issue even though it pained a lot. But now, it's become bulge in size and it's struggling me to walk.

My friend Shruti noticed this and compelled me to visit him otherwise it will become more worse than now. I left with Shruti to hospital. We went to the receptionist and asked about Prasanth who is my hubby. But she replied that he wasn't there.

So I asked Shruti to return home but she immediately called him. She said everything to him more dramatically and I don't know what he said. She looked at me and said over the phone , "You talk to her, she won't obey if I tell her" and handed me her mobile. I sighed and took the mobile.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" he asked immediately. I know this is the first thing he will ask me.

"I thought it's nothing and where are you now?" I asked him.

"I am in a camp so I can't come now. My friend is the attending now so visit him and then go" he said making me close my eyes in frustration.

"No, it can wait. Nothing is gonna change if I wait one more day" I said.

"Listen, I will talk to him. Let him check. If it is not in danger, then you can wait for me. Otherwise, he will take care of you" he sounds calm.

"But I don't want to go. What if he gives me any injections?" I asked him and Shruti glared at me.

"I don't think he will. I will talk to him. Don't worry" he said and I trust him.

"Okay then, bye. Talk to him immediately" I said and he said me to pass the phone to Shruti. They talked for few minutes and we are now waiting in a room.

The nurse called us inside and we both greeted by an young man who is sitting in a doctor chair. He smiled at us and we greeted him back.

"Prasanth said everything so don't freak out" he said and asked me to show my knee. I showed him and he touched it by his gloved hands. He pressed it lightly and I winced lightly.

"Do you had any allergies before?" he asked me still feeling my knee. I shook my head.

"Okay, it seems it is infected. I will inform Prasanth about it, now I will just give you some medicines" he said and I happily nodded my head.

He called the nurse and asked her to give me something. The nurse called us inside another room which is connected by this room.

We entered and it's a very small room. Medicines and machines are kept inside. I freaked out after seeing many needles in the table. She directly went to the table and picked one.

I looked to Shruti shocked but she held a normal calm face. I knew something is wrong, they both planned this that's why she is reacting normal and I don't want to create a problem infront of Prasanth's frd.

She came and asked me to remove my pants. I did it slowly and held Shruti's shoulder for a support. She too held me tightly. I felt a cutton rub my back and she poked it harshly.

I closed my eyes because of the burning sensation. I couldn't able to hold it because of the pain raising. She took it out after it feels like an eternity. Shruti rubbed my back in a speed motion and I felt my another side pants being pulled by Shruti.

I already felt my eyes watering. She again stabbed me harshly which made me tear my eyes. I couldn't handle the pain and I gripped Shruti's shoulder tightly but she didn't complain anything.

She did it and I pulled my pants back. I wiped my tears and my heart is raging with anger. We went outside and the doctor smiled at us.

"I talked to him and he will take care of you" he said. We thanked him and went to our home.

He is continuously calling me and I didn't picked up. He called in Shruti's number too but I kept her mobile with me. Finally I picked up after 10th time he called me.

"I have work and you are playing with me." he said as soon as I attended the call.

"What you said? You promised me and I trusted you but you broke it " I said in my stern voice.

"Hey, he is not my very close friend. I can't tell him that you don't have to give any medicines. I just simply said him to take care of you and moreover, you need it because he said it was infected" he yelled.

"Atleast you could have asked him to give me one. You know.. that nurse did it very harshly and I couldn't even handle the pain." I said.

"Oh, Okay, I am sorry. Anyway, you can come in the evening. We can get it over with today itself" he said and I sighed. I said okay and cut the call.

We both went to the hospital and waited for him. He barged into the hospital and looked at us. He asked us to follow him and led us to his room. He immediately tapped the bed signalling me to sit in that.

I stretched my both legs in the bed and rolled up my pant. He put gloves in his hands and came towards me. He looked at it and then looked at me with his raised eyebrow.

"You said it's nothing, see how big it is. You are always careless in everything. It is just a step below from surgery. It formed pus in the whole knee and now we have to take it out. Enjoy the process now" he said grinning. Something is up then.

He came with a gel and applied in my whole knee gently. Shruti stood beside me. He went to the cabinet and came with a cotton bunch and a needle but not the whole syringe, only a needle.

He looked at me keeping all the things beside me.

"Look away madam" he mocked before wiping it another time. I tried to look away but my eyes got automatically fixed at it.

He uncapped the needle which sent a shiver to my whole body. Within a shift motion, he poked my knee with a needle two times which resulted in jerking my whole body due to the sudden impact of pain.

He held my knee in a still position and continued to press it with his fingers and I screamed because of the sticking pain. I felt like my knee was stabbed with many needles.

Shruti held my shoulder and my hand from moving. He continued to press it and with another hand he is wiping the pus with the cottons.

I screamed to stop him but he didn't even flinch from his place. He started pressing it harder than before and I am thrashing my another leg.

"Just few more minutes, stop shouting" he said continuing his pressing and wiping job. He stopped after he felt my knee for many times. He put a bandaid in my knee.

Finally, I am done. I stood from the bed and moved to his chair but he was in his cabinet arranging things.

"One more thing to do. Just one injection for the infection" he said without turning and making me angry.

"What? Already your so called friend gave me 2 injection for infection." I yelled at him.

"It is for future infections. If your knee gets infected in future, it will protect you so you have to take it" he said. His words are always true but I don't want to get a taste of another needle.

He won't leave me even if I don't agree. So I nodded my head and he came with a yellowish liquid in a syringe.

"In hand?" I asked still feeling the pain of last injections.

"If you want, I can give it in your hip not involving your butt" he said as if reading my thoughts. I nodded and lifted my shirt and Shruti held me.

He wiped and stabbed me and I closed my eyes feeling the raising pain. He did it quickly making me almost thank him. He is always gentle in taking care of me.

We all went to coffee shop and spend some time with him.

No updates for few more days.