Deepika

Writer's pov :

Deepika was preparing for her third year medical exams. She is studious. She stayed in hostel with her five friends in a same room.

The exam was continuous and she decided to not sleep for this whole week for studying but her friends doesn't want to skip their sleep for studies.

The syllabus is heavy that she can't even complete it in an overnight. She always wants to top the exam but after seeing her timetable and the syllabus, she got doubt on herself but she decided to not even waste a minute.

Her exams started making her restless. Her friends dragged her to sleep after seeing her continuous studies but she denied everyone and started studying. She drank coffee inbetween for her energy.

Three exams completed faster. She already have no energy left in her body.

A week passed and she did her exams well but she got heavy tired and slept in the afternoon after her last exam. Though her friends scolded her, she barely slept for 4 or 5 hours the whole week.

She woke up in the evening feeling her body weak. She also got headache that she can't even move from her place. Her one friend noticed this.

"What happened Deepu?" she asked sitting beside her.

"Nothing, little headache" she whispered slowly massaging her head. Her friend immediately touched her cheeks checking for her temperature which turned out to be high.

"Now, she got fever because of her sleepless nights" she yelled to her other friends who are all busy doing their works. They all immediately came towards her in a fraction of second.

"No, it could be because of my tiredness, leave it and do your works" Deepu whispered closing her eyes in head pain. Few touched her head and made an sympathic look towards her.

"It doesn't seem like a normal one. This is why we asked you to take care of your body first" another friend told while massaging her head.

"Guys, please go and restart your work, I'm fine" she whispered like a soulless body.

"No, you better shut up. Everyone here separately asked you to sleep but you didn't hear us. We can't see you suffering like this" another one bursted out.

Since this is the first time she got fever in the hostel so everyone panicked seeing her suffer. Deepu kept quiet after that.

"We can't leave her like this. Shall we take her to the hospital?" one asked making Deepu pale. She shook her head but no one considered her.

"Can we call our senior? Last week, final year students are the one who took care of the Emergency ward completely" one advised making everyone think but Deepu felt her body shaking after hearing that.

"It's better because she can't walk and strain herself in this condition" other one said. They need to walk more than one kilometer for hospital since it is a big campus.

"Idiots, please leave me alone, final year exams are starting tomorrow. Don't disturb them now" Deepu whined.

"Yeah, they have exams but it will take only 10 minutes so no problem. First we will ask them, if they are busy then no other option than taking you straight to the hospital" her friend said making everyone nod except Deepu. She sighed in annoyance.

Two of them left their room inspite of her request and went straight to the ground. They were a gang of 15 people sitting in circle and studying together.

They both actually know everyone in the group since they all have worked together in college events. They even helped them for guidance. Basically they treat them as their friends.