Meera

Meera's pov :

        I was sitting with my mom in a waiting room to check my fever. My brother is a doctor working here. He don't know that we were coming here because my mom suddenly grabbed me here after seeing me vomiting three more times.

I am 16 years old and studying my higher secondary. I have fever from last two days but it is a weird fever. It will only come in evening. In morning, there will be no symptoms of fever. The nurse called us inside breaking my thoughts.

We entered and my brother Aarav was looking at his computer. He raised his head and looked at us shocked.

"Hey mom, what happened? " he asked looking at her.

" She again got fever and she vomited more than 3 times from evening. " she said and he turned his full attention towards me.

I sat beside him and mom sat opposite to him. He turned to full doctor mode and took his stethoscope.

He checked all my vitals and my temperature too.

" It's little high. It's better if we do blood test. " he said making me wide my eyes.

" What? No, just give me some medicines. It will reduce automatically. " I asked almost panicking.

" I know what to do. You just sit there silently. " he said rudely. I know him very well so I sat silently. The nurse handed him the needle and he asked my hand.

I gave my hand and looked towards mom but I know she won't help so I closed my eyes tightly after feeling the wipe. I winced in pain once the needle pierced my skin. He took it out after a minute. He handed that needle to nurse and asked her to get the result immediately.

After few minutes, the nurse returned and Aarav asked her to give me something. She went to the cabin and pulled out a syringe cover. I stood from my place and walked towards the door.

Within a minute, my mom grabbed my hand and pulled me. I was screaming to leave me but Aarav caught me in his grip.

"Don't try to escape darling. " he said.

" You idiot, leave me. I don't want any injection. Who asked you to study medicine and now trying to kill me. " I said still trying to escape from his hold.

" Oh baby, you are lucky to have me. If it's any other doctor, they would have immediately admitted you in any room. " he said smirking at me.

I screamed when that nurse came towards us with a needle. He pulled my head to his chest and locked me in his embrace. I just stood there silently closing my eyes.

Someone lifted my top and pulled my jeans along with my panties. I felt the wipe in my lower hip and the next thing I know was I am crying in his chest because of the burning sensation. They both telling something to relax me but the pain grew wider than before. She pulled the needle out but still I can feel the pain.

My tears are flowing like a river when I felt my other side jeans being pulled out.

"Aarav, please.. I beg you, leave me. " I screaming in between my sobs.

" Calm down little girl" he whispered and I felt the pure pain in my back. I can't able to hold the pain.

"Aaaaahhhhhh paining. Pull it out please" I screamed because of the pain. My head is bouncing and suddenly everything blanked out.

I woke up in a new room lying in a bed. My mom looked at me and took her phone out and called someone.

After few minutes, Aarav came inside the room along with a nurse. He checked my temperature and pulse. He looked towards me in a sympathetic way. I don't know why.

"Baby, you have typhoid. I am so sorry, actually I need to admit you here but I will take care of you in home. You need some antibiotics, if you cooperate I will do it slowly." he said in his calm voice.

My eyes started tearing up because of the fear. Antibiotics means definitely injection. Without even waiting for my response, he asked the nurse to prepare the shots.

"Aarav, please. Let me go. I don't want it. Already, the one you gave me before is still hurting. " I said feeling my tears reached my full cheeks.

" Ssh, relax. It will be quick. " he said.

" Mom, Atleast you tell him. Please, I don't want it mom" I felt my heart began racing. She came towards me and wiped my tears.

"Nothing baby. Calm down. We are here. " she said and the nurse handed him the needle. I immediately tried to sit but my mom held me down.

I started crying wildly when he flipped me on my stomach.

" Aarav, please please please. " I screamed but nothing goes in their ears. I felt the injection pierce my skin in the same place as before. I cried out loudly unable to resist the pain. After a minute, he pulled it out.

Suddenly, he pulled my other side jeans too. I started shivering in my position.

"It's an painful injection. Just, be relax. Don't tense up. " he said after giving me a panic attack. I tried to move from my position but my mom and the nurse held me tightly. That's it, I felt the extreme stinging sensation.

" Noooooooooooo, Aarav, I can't. It's hurtingggg" I screamed. I cried harder than ever. He took it out.

"I am so sorry baby" he whispered after flipped me onto my back. They both consoled me and he asked me to take complete rest in home. My back is still hurting. We went to home and I drifted to sleep.

I felt someone waking me. I opened my eyes and saw my brother in his office attire. What he is doing here in the early morning. He asked me to freshup so I went to the bathroom and came after finishing.

I layed in bed still not getting the energy to sit. He entered the room with his medical bag. He sat beside me and checked my temperature.

He then pulled a needle and a whitish colored liquid bottle from his bag.

"Aarav, what is this? How will I manage these many injections? Don't you feel sad for me? " I asked panicking. He looked at me.

" I am but I am trying to make you normal. " he said and filled the syringe with that liquid.

" Aarav, I could barely walk from yesterday's shots. It's still hurting like hell. Please, no more. " I whinned like a child.

" Hmm what about doing it in your thigh? " he asked making me wide.

" No. Atleast leave my thigh freely. I don't want it. " I said closing my eyes.

" Then come on, get ready. I will admit you in the hospital now itself. " he said standing.

" No No No, please. Okay, fine. Do it but please slowly. Don't hurt me. " I said turning my body. He smiled.

I felt my pants being pulled down along with my inner. I felt the needle immediately after the wipe. I winced in pain and my tears started flowing. I think it's also a painful injection. I bite my lower lip in order to control my sobs but nothing helped me.

After a minute, he pulled it out and I felt him hug me from my back. I turned and hugged him still crying.

"Don't worry. You have 2 more shots today. I will give you one in afternoon and the other in night, then you will be perfectly alright. " he said making me sigh in irritation.

He gave me those injections and I am fine now. No more typhoid fever.