Akhil & Anu (Part-3)

Akhil's pov :

         Anu is sleeping peacefully beside me. She is pregnant. Today is her first month checkup. I don't know how I am going to handle her. Our friend is a gynoecologist working in my hospital. So I booked an appointment easily. I woke her up and asked her to get ready. I didn't tell about her vaccinations because she will freak out. She thinks it's only checking her tummy so she gladly accepted it without arguing.

We reached the hospital and we went to her room straightly. Her name is Akshaya and she is two years older than me. She greeted us and we both took a seat opposite to her.

"Nice to see you both together. Since you are a doctor, I don't have to tell everything about taking care of the child. You remind her everything. Okay, let's start. Common. " she said stood up from her place. We followed her to the nearby table.

She took the machines to get ready for the scan and asked her to pull down the saree a little bit to get her full view of her stomach. I asked her to wear salwar but she refused by saying it is more than comfortable. Anu pulled her saree little down. Akshaya put her gloves and started applying the gel in her stomach. She started the scan and I clearly watched the screen. It is good by my prediction. Soon, it gets over and we three again seated in the chair.

"So, it is perfect. Nothing to worry now. I will give you some charts which will clearly explains about what to do or not. Akhil will help you, so no problem at all. Take complete rest, don't strain yourself. Now, I am gonna give you some immunization injections which you will get every month and then it's over. " she said simply. I looked at Anu and she is looking at me with wide eyes.

" You didn't tell about injections " Anu asked totally scared.

" It's okay. No need to worry, I am here. " I said holding her hands. She shook her head.

" No, I don't want to. Akshaya please, Just give me tablets. " she said with her pleading tone. Her eyes are filling with water because of her fear.

" No baby, I can't. It is very necessary, it will help the child to grow healthy. If he/she gets fever, you are the one to get treated first. Just 3 injections and it will be over. " she said and I closed my eyes. Already Anu is freaking out, now she will not accept.

" What? 3? No way I am getting it. Akhil, I am going home. " she stood from her place. I grabbed her hands and stopped her. She tried to get her hands away but I held it tightly.

" Just, leave me Akhil. If you said about these before, I would not have came here. Why the hell I need to get this shots when I am totally fine. "she yelled. I know this will happen. I have to be little rude to control her. I signalled Akshaya to prepare the injections.

" Anu, behave. What is this? It's just an injection. Not a big deal" I said trying to calm her.

"Just? Do you know how it will pain? I am the one going to take it. Not you Akhil. Just leave me right now. " she screamed like a mad women.

" You are getting it for sure so no more arguments. Come" I said holding her waist. She started crying and hugged me. She had no other options. I held her and slightly moved her with me from that place.

"Akhil, please please. " she said weeping hardly.

" Just calm down. I am here with you" I said caressing her back. Akshaya came with 3 injections in the tray. I know that will hurt like hell. Steroid injections are the worst. I don't know how she will handle it.

"Atleast do it in my hand" she said almost panicking.

"Then you won't be able to lift your hand for atleast a week " Akshaya said.

I removed her saree in the lower and untied the knot in her inner skirt and pulled down her saree and panties down. Her hands tightened in my shirt and started crying hardly in my chest.

"Anu, It's okay. It will sting a little bit. Don't worry " Akshaya said grabbing the cotton ball.

She wiped her bottom, Anu started freaking out and started shaking in her position. I just held her tightly.

" Stay still baby, otherwise you will hurt yourself "she said and inserted the needle in.

" Ahhhh.. It's hurting, please take it out. " she screamed. It's becoming tough to hold her still because she is trying to move. She removed the needle and rubbed it.

Without giving a gap, she pierced her skin again with the other injection. She is shaking continuously and started crying hardly onto my chest. I don't have any other options. She pulled the needle out.

"Akhil, the other side. She can't hold it in a single side. " she said grabbing the last injection. I pulled her saree down on the other side. Oh god, it's tough to handle saree in this situation. She is going to tear my shirt I believe because she is crushing it more because of the pain.

Akshaya undid the cap and injected it. She sobbed hardly, she don't even have the energy to scream now. I said some soothing words to her but nothing goes in her head. Atlast, the injections are over. I adjusted her saree and she is not going to stop crying. After consoling for an hour, she is normal now. We went to home.