Akhil & Anu

Anu's pov:

         I was playing with my 2 year old daughter in the hall. Usually she will be more energetic to play with me but today she seems dull. She didn't even eaten well today and I feel suspicious about this.

In the evening, she got fever too. I made her sleep again but she was crying continuously. She rarely talks some words and she don't know how to explain her pain so she will start crying for everything. So I called Akhil who was in work. He attended the call immediately.

"Akhil,our baby got fever. She is crying continuously from afternoon. Wat to do now?" I asked him.

"Why didn't you tell me before? Come to my hospital then" he said. I can feel the tiredness of his voice.

I quickly picked her up and got ready. I left from home to the hospital in a car.

I went to the receptionist whom I knew her very well. She asked me to wait for few minutes because Akhil was in his rounds. I waited.

The nurse called us inside and I went inside holding my little baby in my waist. He watched me while I entered his room.

I went towards him and my baby quickly jumped towards him with her full smile. He kissed her cheeks and made her sit in his lap. I sat beside him.

He checked her heart beat and widened his eyes. He immediately checked her temperature and other vitals.

"Anu, come and get her. I need to take her blood" he said panicking. I stood and went to him.

"What happened?" I asked him picking her up from his lap.

"Nothing, calm down" he said making me freak out. He ran to me while holding a blood kit making my baby cry. I closed her eyes with my palm and handed her another hand to him.

She was struggling in her place. He quickly poked her and took blood from her hand. I closed my eyes because it is paining me to watch her cry. I tried to console her immediately but she is crying wasting her tears.

He went to the lab without even telling me anything. I consoled her and still sitting in his room.

After few minutes, he barged into the room and took her from my hand. He asked me to follow him and I did.

I was continuously asking him what happened but he didn't replied to me instead he is walking fast. He stopped infront of the ICU room and looked at me.

"Listen, I need to admit her in the ICU now. Wait here and I will explain you later" he said and ran into the room followed by two nurses.

I was shocked to even react. I was numb and he left me alone without telling me anything. I was scared to death. My tears are rolling from my eyes thinking my baby was now laying in the ICU room.

I couldn't able to imagine anything and I felt my body week. I simply stood there looking at the door.

Almost an hour later, he came and looked at me. I immediately ran to him and asked, "what happened?" He neither looks happy nor sad. He held a normal tensed face.

"Her heart rate is very low and I checked her, her heart is very week so we need to keep her in observation for one day. I hope she will be okay afterthat" he mumbled slowly.

"Can I see her?" I asked almost sobbing. He shook his head.

"Akhil please, she is my baby and I want to see her. Please, she is a child and she can't endure so much pain. Let me see her once please" I asked him crying into his chest. He held me tightly.