6

We went back to the leaky cauldron. As we sat there I watched the little cat asleep in the basket. The mouse was also asleep. I was eating soup with Harry beside me. I was enjoying the quiet because today have been so exciting.

"You all right, Harry? You seem very quiet." Said Hagrid.

"He killed my parents, didn't he? The one who gave me this. You know, Hagrid, I know you do." Said Harry.

I looked up now watching this interaction.

"First, and understand this, Harry, 'cause it's very important. Not all wizards are good. Some of them go bad. A few years ago, there was one wizard who went as bad as you can go. And his name was V-...his name was V-..." Said Hagrid.

"Maybe if you wrote it down?" I asked.

"No, I can't spell it. All right." Said hagrid.

He moved in closer to the table.

"He's name is....Voldemort." whispered Hagrid.

"Voldemort?" Asked Harry.

"Shh!!" Said Hagrid.

I looked around us. No one seemed to be listening.

"It was dark times, Harry, dark times. Voldemort started to gather some followers, brought 'em over to the dark side. Anyone that stood up to him ended up dead. Your parents fought against him, but nobody lived once he decided to kill 'em. Nobody, not one person... Cept you. And in turn Hallie." Said Hagrid.

"Me?Voldemort tried to kill...me?" Asked Harry.

"Yes. That ain't no ordinary cut on your forehead, Harry. A mark like that only comes from being touched by a curse...and an evil curse at that." Said Hagrid.

"What happened to...to You-Know-Who?" I asked.

"Well, some say he died. Codswallop in my opinion. Nope, I reckon he's out there, still, too tired to carry on. But one thing's absolutely certain. Something about you stumped him that night. That's why you're famous. That's why everybody knows your name. You're the boy who lived." Said Hagrid.

"So that's why no one knows me. I only survived cus he went after Harry first." I said.

"Ya but you did survive. That's something." Said Hagrid.

"Yeah with a price. That's got to be why I forget everything when I go to bed. Something to do with him." I said.

"Maybe, if it's magic then it can be fixed." Said Harry.

We left after eating and went straight to king's cross station.

"Blimey, is that the time? Sorry kids, I'm gonna have to leave you. Dumbledore'll be wanting his- well, he'll be wanting to see me. Now, uh, your train leaves in 10 minutes. Here's your ticket." Said Hagrid.

"Oh ok." I said.

He handed Harry the ticket.

"Stick to it, that's very important. Stick to your ticket." Said Hagrid.

"We won't lose it." I said.

"What? Platform 9¾?" asked Harry.

"It says that?" I asked.

I looked over at the ticket. There it was in large letters. Platform 9¾?

"Yeah here. Hagrid, there must be a mistake. This says Platform 9¾. There's no such thing...is there?" Said Harry.

I looked up with him. Hagrid had vanished. We looked around us and down the way we came a bit.

"He's gone? Who just leaves kids in a train station!" I said.

"Calm down he said stick to your ticket. So we just need to find where we need to go." Said Harry.

"Yeah to Platform 9¾. What do you expect us to do ask someone?" I asked.

That we were. We walked up to a guard.

"Excuse me? Where might I find Platform 9¾?" Asked Harry.

"9¾? Think you're being funny, do ya?" Said the guard.

He walked off.

"See no one's going to believe us. This is stupid." I said.

"It's the same year after year. Always packed with Muggles, of course." Said a nice red headed woman.

"Muggles?" Asked Harry.

I shrugged and we followed the a bit. Staying far enough behind to move away if need be.

"Come on. Platform 9¾ this way! All right, Percy, you first." Said the woman.

A older red head walked through the wall. Me and Harry looked at each other then back at the family.

"Fred, you next." Said the woman.

"He's not Fred, I am!" Said one of the boys.

"Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother." Said another boy.

"Oh, I'm sorry, George." Said the woman.

"I'm only joking. I am Fred." Said Fred.

We moved closer as he to disappeared into the wall. Then the other boy right behind him. I push Harry forward.

"Go ask." I said.

"Excuse me! C-could you tell me how to-" said Harry.

He made a strange head gesture to the wall. I sighed and shook my head.

"How to get on the platform? Yes, not to worry, dear. It's Ron's first time to Hogwarts as well." Said the woman.

We looked over to the boy beside her. He was looking nervously at us but gave us a smile.

"Now, all you've got to do is walk straight at the wall between platforms 9 and 10. Best do it at a bit of a run if you're nervous." Said the woman.

Harry nodded and got into position.

"Good luck." Said the girl beside the woman.

Harry took off and disappeared behind the wall. I walked uncertainly to the wall. Then closed my eyes and ran for it. My cart hits something and I look to see I collided with Harry's cart. He smiled and I look back at the wall.

"That's so weird." I said.

"Come on." Said Harry.

We walk through the bundle of people. All shouting and hustling around. We pull our trunks onto the train and into a empty compartment. After making sure they were secure up top we sat down. I pulled the door shut.

"Harry, do you think this is all real. I mean it seems to weird to be true." I said.

"I mean it seems real. It feels real so I guess it is." Said Harry.

"You better not let me forget anything that has happened." I said.

"I won't." Said Harry.

"Promise." I said.

I held my pinkie out to him. He smiled and locked his pinkie with mine.

"Promise." Said Harry.

I sighed and leaned back. I was surprisingly excited. Even though it all seemed like a dream that I'd wake up from. Forgetting everything, like all my dreams. But the sun felt nice on my face.